• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old PRECODE HORROR books SOME ARE SCARCE ATLAS Discount

61 posts in this topic

Discount applies to everything left posted in the past 2 weeks,except the Marvel Mystery 20, I may keep that one.

Buy one book take 5% off, buy 2 books, take 10% off

Buy 3 books, take 15% off.

I know I have listed a lot of stuff in the past few weeks, so...If you have already bought a book ( and paid for it) from me in the past 14 days, it counts as the first book.

If you bought 2, it counts as the 2nd book, etc.

I will be listing some Atlas books tonight, probably the balance of what I've collected over the years, not many left. Tomorrow night I'll continue with some horror books, maybe a mystery or two;)

The Rules.

First :takeit: on the boards or in a PM wins.

a :takeit: trumps all other negotiations.

Shipping is exact, I'll ship any way you prefer, but I prefer a box, but I do have these great boards that have wood veneers, so priority envelopes are OK for about 4 books..

Shipping for an items that total over $250, must include a signature to be covered for my insurance, even if it's out of the US. So out of the US will have to be priority express unless you have your own insurance.

I pay for private insurance and that's included as well as tracking.

I accept Paypal, MO's, checks no trade offers, please.

NONE of these books except the one slab have been pressed...and that's pretty obvious;)

I will accept time payments but pm me before posting a :takeit: please.

No HOS or Probies please. [/color]

Journey into Mystery #51. Robot Cover. This is a book I picked up at a distributor's warehouse about 10 years ago. There was only one copy, it was a return from a “candy store” in the 50's. When they couldn't sell books, they could return them. The blue ink you see is what was sprayed on the returns to keep them from being resold. This book has been kept in the dark all these years, so the color is perfect. Paper is light, and the ink does not go inside the book. There is a ripple on the right edge of the cover (I'm sure from storage). It's not an easy book to find. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0) $75

Sold to Norrin's Lawyer

journeyintomystery51_0001.jpg

journeyintomystery51_0002.jpg

I have a discount on another thread. Two people asked if I would honor it with this thread.

The answer is Yes, but not before the books have been up for 24 hours. So, I will post the discounts tomorrow, but if someone wants the book at full price I want to give them a chance first.

Journey into Mystery #51. Robot Cover. This is a book I picked up at a distributor's warehouse about 10 years ago. There was only one copy, it was a return from a “candy store” in the 50's. When they couldn't sell books, they could return them. The blue ink you see is what was sprayed on the returns to keep them from being resold. This book has been kept in the dark all these years, so the color is perfect. Paper is light, and the ink does not go inside the book. There is a ripple on the right edge of the cover (I'm sure from storage). It's not an easy book to find. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0) $75

:takeit:

Thanks, Greg! Sold!

Marvel Tales #149 

Nice color and gloss, a crease on the front cover and there are two 1/2 inch tears on the back cover at the bottom. I can't find anything within the past few years on this one. Grade is VG+ (4.5) bin is $75 $70

Sold to Korvac Saga

marveltales149_0001.jpg

marveltales149_0002.jpg

Marvel Tales #156, Another book that is not easy to find, there are only 4 on the Census. Underwater cover. Nice color and gloss, some stains on the back. Grade is VG/VG+ (4.0/4.5) nice pages, Bin is $60 $55

Sold to Korvac Saga

marveltales156_0001.jpg

marveltales156_0002.jpg

Strange Tales Annual, the first Marvel Annual. Nicely presenting copy with a 3” cover lift at the bottom. I had this listed before as a gd/vg, I've lowered the grade to 2.0 and lowered the price. Bin $50

strangetalesannual1a_0001-1.jpg

strangetalesannual1a_0002-1.jpg

Tales of Suspense #9, Prototype of Iron Man. This is another book with distributor's ink, (see Journey into Mystery 51). This copy has no ripples, but there is more ink on the back cover. The colors are brilliant, and the gloss is all there. The pages are very light and the ink does not affect them.There is a small corner crease. I'm going to grade it VG (4.0) because of the ink, but without it, it's a much higher grade. Bin is $85

Sold to Norrin's Lawyer

talesofsuspense9_0001.jpg

talesofsuspense9_0002.jpg

Tales of Suspense #31, Gorilla with a car, cover and the “Monster in the Iron Mask” is a Dr Doom prototype. The original staples are in the book, but someone put in 3 extras (obviously done by a child for safety;) ½ “ spine split at the top, and an unnecessary piece of tape at the upper right.Also a 1962 written on the cover. Grade is Good+ (2.5) I deducted for the staples. Bin is $35.00 Sold

talesofsuspense31_0001.jpg

talesofsuspense31_0002.jpg

Tales to Astonish #5, Easter Island. Very nice color, some faint NCB creases on the right, some marvel chipping on the right edge and a slight spine roll. Grade is VG/F (5.0) Bin is $75.00 Sold to

chezmtghut

talestoastonish5_0001.jpg

talestoastonish5_0002.jpg

Last book for tonight

Tales to Astonish #24, the Abominable Snowman. Nice color, some creasing, Graded Good+ because of the piece off the back. Only that piece is tanning, the rest of the pages are very light. Gd+ (2.5) $30

talestoastonish24_0001.jpg

talestoastonish24_0002.jpg

Tales of Suspense #9, Prototype of Iron Man. This is another book with distributor's ink, (see Journey into Mystery 51). This copy has no ripples, but there is more ink on the back cover. The colors are brilliant, and the gloss is all there. The pages are very light and the ink does not affect them.There is a small corner crease. I'm going to grade it VG (4.0) because of the ink, but without it, it's a much higher grade. Bin is $85

Sold, thanks Greg.