• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afraid of SS Facilitator Companies losing Comics

40 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any problems with getting their SS books back from a company that facilitates SS books to be graded… Lets say they graded an expensive Modern book(lets say 1000 dollars) under the Modern Tier <200 then had the book signed by many people and have it grade very high(9.8) is it possible for them to say they lost the book and keep it for themselves? What options out there are there to protect the consumer from this???

I would not call facilitators sister companies. Most facilitators are awesome and would never even think about taking your books. I cannot say that for all of them but you are pretty safe with 99% of the facilitators.

I would not call facilitators sister companies. Most facilitators are awesome and would never even think about taking your books. I cannot say that for all of them but you are pretty safe with 99% of the facilitators.

Thanks for the reply; I say this only because CGC customer service see's each book as property of the people who send the books to them not the individual invoices… As far as they are concerned the books belong to that "Affiliated SS Company" that submits the books under their invoice… So basically we're trusting them with our property but whats to prevent them to say they can't find it once it ships back to them… What will I get a $200 check for a now $1000 book?

Well thats what I am hoping but as my books stay in limbo I can't help but to feel helpless despite the fact that individual invoice has my name on it… Lets say the book is waiting to be shipped and I move… I want the book shipped to my new address but the Affiliated company ignores me outright… Then the book ships to them and they "lose" it… despite my attempts to prevent such a thing by communicating with them and customer service…

I have over 1100 CGC Sig Series books and I have never had a book stolen. :preach:

SS Facilitator Companies Sexually Abusing Cosplayers and Running Over Zombies

Has anyone had a problem with this?

What options are there to protect me from this?

Dont go to show and dont dress up ;)

I think the OP's definition of 'sister' company might be flawed.

A 'sister' typically shares a common parent, for those who don't understand the common definition of the word 'sister'. So apparently this would be CCS pressing, NGC Coins, PMG money. I can't think of any facilitators that would fall into this category.

Unless you're going for the more urban slang term wherein an African-American woman might be referred to as a 'sister', but that seems equally unlikely.

So in summation, OP's credibility is a hurtin already.

Unless you're going for the more urban slang term wherein an African-American woman might be referred to as a 'sister', but that seems equally unlikely.

Actually loled lol

Well thats what I am hoping but as my books stay in limbo I can't help but to feel helpless despite the fact that individual invoice has my name on it… Lets say the book is waiting to be shipped and I move… I want the book shipped to my new address but the Affiliated company ignores me outright… Then the book ships to them and they "lose" it… despite my attempts to prevent such a thing by communicating with them and customer service…

I have over 1100 CGC Sig Series books and I have never had a book stolen. :preach:

Snikt alot of good facilitators watch these boards. You need to be careful about what you ask and where they may not want to take your books if they see a thread like this. If your looking for good facilitators that I have had no problems with DScott, Hank Pym, Triston Pence, Par2ch, and Rich Henn. I have also heard very good comments on Glynn Adkins and Darrel F from people who have used their services. Have I ran into problems with books I submitted underneath the SS sure, but it was nothing a quick Private Message to the facilitator or a call to CGC could not fix.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, this is no different than any other business - "What if Amazon doesn't ship the books I ordered?" "What if they never the show the movie that I just bought a ticket for?"

My experience with facilitators has largely been awesome. I have had some books delayed because the facilitator was in Dutch with CGC on past invoices, but CGC has always maintained contact with me once I let them know about the issues.

In my locale, folks with your types of complaints are referred to as "Nervous Nellies." There is not really much that is going to make you feel better except you getting your book back.

Yes thats exactly how I feel…

In my locale, folks with your types of complaints are referred to as "Nervous Nellies." There is not really much that is going to make you feel better except you getting your book back.

Well Im just seeking answers… Up to this point I wish things could be solved as you have stated but I have tried already… I have done my best out of fairness to protect unsaid facilitator but since when have people not been able to speak their concerns…

Snikt alot of good facilitators watch these boards. You need to be careful about what you ask and where they may not want to take your books if they see a thread like this. If your looking for good facilitators that I have had no problems with DScott, Hank Pym, Triston Pence, Par2ch, and Rich Henn. I have also heard very good comments on Glynn Adkins and Darrel F from people who have used their services. Have I ran into problems with books I submitted underneath the SS sure, but it was nothing a quick Private Message to the facilitator or a call to CGC could not fix.

Without naming names, yet, if you answer the following questions, we may be able to figure out whether you even have any cause for concern:

(1) What show was the book signed at?

(2) Was it submitted Modern tier?

(3) Did you pay for Fast Tracking?

(4) Was there any international shipping involved (like from a Canadian or British show down to CGC)

Without naming names, yet, if you answer the following questions, we may be able to figure out whether you even have any cause for concern:

(4) Was there any international shipping involved (like from a Canadian or British show down to CGC)

Modern Tier Fast tracking here in the U.S.

It has been graded and ready to ship as of last week but on hold

Modern Tier Fast tracking here in the U.S.

It has been graded and ready to ship as of last week but on hold

How do you know it's on hold? Did someone at CGC tell you it's being held?

Did they say why it was being held?