• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread so open it hurts.

133 posts in this topic

And you are going to the post office twice a week anyway so often you throw up the :takeit: in the "giving" threads...

So you think I go to the post office to get all my packages? Anyhow - I feel comfortable with all my offers after each take.

It's not that you basically called the guy an insufficiently_thoughtful_person

It's the way you called him an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, you insufficiently_thoughtful_person..

Where in my PM to him did I call him any names? I expressed that I was upset about his error in postage and requested $3 to cover the money I spend getting the package along with the overage in postage. I was professional throughout the process. His refunding $3 should have taken 10 seconds if he would have know how to do it (now he does). I still do not see my request as over-the-top.

Do I need the $3 - not at all. But I paid lightening fast and did everything required of me as the buyer of the book so I expected him to live up to his end of the bargain.

The book was better than you expected, give the guy the $3.00 as a reward and let it go. To do it on principle? Why don't you tell the guy he undergraded the book and pay him what you should have paid? Principles go both ways.

Jim

+1

See that infamous "Rant" Thread about Deathlok.

he got his panties in a bunch over ONE DOLLAR difference in shipping.

wait, i thought that was RMA hm

No, this was, around 2004 I think. Might have been early 2003, would have to go back and look.

CAL feel in' lazier than usual today...

Cal, no offense, but you got to let stuff go. All that bottled up tension isn't good for you…

No, this was, around 2004 I think. Might have been early 2003, would have to go back and look.

Cal, no offense, but you got to let stuff go. All that bottled up tension isn't good for you…

+1, and we both like you CAL, you know. ;)

Sometimes it is better to say nothing at all. Leaving no feedback whatsoever is better than a neutral and obviously better than a negative.

I have to admit entirely agree with Buzz – I have never left negatives on eBay.

When problems arised, I just talked the other party to death with gentle manners, especially if he was annoying… and I always won! lol

Sometimes it is better to say nothing at all. Leaving no feedback whatsoever is better than a neutral and obviously better than a negative.

When problems arised, I just talked the other party to death with gentle manners, especially if he was annoying… and I always won! lol

I'd neg you for that.

I'd neg you for that.

For the gentle manners? lol

I'd neg you for that.

For the gentle manners? lol

;)

Give him a bad feedback - otherwise you are screwing new customers. That is how I see it. If someone is being abusive.. then don't just look the other way.. it will hurt the next guy.

Check out how someone got some sweet revenge against a pos eBayer:

dept.of.superhero.affairs that was reported in our great Thread about the Blocking of certain pos eBayers…

CAL who still leads the way to Victory!

Here's what is NOT understood by the newer members here:

The actions of hatred that occurred those early years have led to subsequential actions that are being felt to this very day. The person(s) responsible have cleverly assembled "easy" marks( markers/pawns) to assist them in their malfeasance.

See the RMA posts on the back-stabbing PMs, which are true despite his partaking in them himself back in the day. I am not saying that RMA was responsible for spreading the libel/slander about disliked folks, but I DO know for a FACT that RMA had a hand in it back in the early days and had chances to stop some of the nonsense. Alas, it is still going on, thus he ail always have some blood on his hands too.

The old-timers here know who I am discussing, and who started the War, and will keep on until he is vanquished. Once I do that, he will be shocked at the lack of care from ANYONE here, from his so-called "friends".

CAL who has very few online friends for a reason...

I have seen the clicks and am aware of what goes on here Cal. I just think if you keep poking and instigating they'll keep coming back at you.

Laugh it off and move on. I made myself look like an the other day but I just moved along. I didn't keep trying to take shots although they kept coming at me.

I'm sure they still will, but it isn't worth it in this small community we have. I don't hold grudges.

My 2c

I have seen the clicks and am aware of what goes on here Cal. I just think if you keep poking and instigating they'll keep coming back at you.

Laugh it off and move on. I made myself look like an the other day but I just moved along. I didn't keep trying to take shots although they kept coming at me.

I'm sure they still will, but it isn't worth it in this small community we have. I don't hold grudges.

My 2c

Your heart may be in the right direction, but I can assure you that you and I have far different agendas here.

Trust me, if they derailed YOUR sales Threads, and cost YOU purchases, you would not be so nice about these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons here.

And we're not talking 1990 - 2010 drek either. The few Keys I dare to show got derailed here. Nothing was done about it. The Mods never lifted one finger to the Thread hijackers. So off to FeeBay to sell my wares. And I DID sell them despite the low-ball figures Sufunk( stupid funk) kept posting( and praying for). I made great coin, even exceeding my posted expectations.

Thus, CGC gets no more CAL money. My money is going elsewhere. The biggest statement of all.

CAL with coin...

Give him a bad feedback - otherwise you are screwing new customers. That is how I see it. If someone is being abusive.. then don't just look the other way.. it will hurt the next guy.

If you consider that "abusive" then you probably have too low a tolerance for "abuse" and should consider staying off the internet altogether.

The guy was a new seller, inexperienced in posting comics. There's no evidence that he even intended to screw 1cool, still less that he intends to screw people in the future.

But the main point is, you shouldn't ask someone to fix their mistake and THEN neg them once they comply. If he refused to refund (and the OP was really that bothered) then fine, neg.

Anything more than dinging on the postage and communications DSRs - which I still think would be harsh - is out of line in this situation 2c

I wouldn't ding the guy. He's just starting off. Heck, it took me 100+ transactions before I figured out the safest and most cost-effective shipping model. You got a nice book and Id cut the guy a little slack due to learning curve. Good karma has a way of coming back to you.

I agree. I think the seller now has confidence issues and you could see him getting paranoid (and very defensive) as the conversation progressed.