• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comics Expected December 29, 2004

48 posts in this topic

My purchases this week:

STAR WARS: OBSESSION #2

Just curious if you are picking up the Star Wars Republic issues as well - The Obsession doesn''t stand well on its own without the background from the other Clone Wars saga tie-in issues from the Republic series...

Nope, I actually haven't been reading any of the other Star Wars titles. But have have wondered about them. Any good?

I just read republic and picked up obsession. I don't do Empire or SW Tales ... usually - I'll flip thru them at the store and then decide. I'm only picking up the Clone wars tie-ins because I also read the SW novels and can't wait for the REvenge of the sh.t movie, but I'm betting there will be a huge jump in action and events from episode II to III and the comics will serve as filler for me smile.gif

If on a tight budget, I recommend waiting for the TPB - they are much better for sitting down and reading and the individual issues have little to no potential for sellnig for multiples down the road. Actually I saw a couple of the recent SW Republic issues being blown out at the monthly local comic show for $1 each...

I just read republic and picked up obsession. I don't do Empire or SW Tales ... usually - I'll flip thru them at the store and then decide. I'm only picking up the Clone wars tie-ins because I also read the SW novels and can't wait for the REvenge of the sh.t movie, but I'm betting there will be a huge jump in action and events from episode II to III and the comics will serve as filler for me smile.gif

If on a tight budget, I recommend waiting for the TPB - they are much better for sitting down and reading and the individual issues have little to no potential for sellnig for multiples down the road. Actually I saw a couple of the recent SW Republic issues being blown out at the monthly local comic show for $1 each...

Yeah, Obsession is supposedly an introduction for Episode III. I'm thinking near the end we catch the first glimpse of Ani leaning the other direction. However, my LCD doesn't carry many TPB's. I'd have to special order them. And I don't always buy monthly books for collectability ... I mean I read Action every week, so I'm obviously not in it to sell these books for multiples down the road 27_laughing.gif

However, my LCD doesn't carry many TPB's. I'd have to special order them.

NO need to special order - they show up at Barnes and Noble or Borders or off the internet, amazon.com. check ebay or half.com as well...

And I don't always buy monthly books for collectability ... I mean I read Action every week, so I'm obviously not in it to sell these books for multiples down the road 27_laughing.gif

That's true - I read Action as well as Top cow or those offbeat spiderman mini series and titles...not gonna get rich quick on those tongue.gif