• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd annual Sushi Night in Chicago Aug 21 @ 8 PM

61 posts in this topic

Convention time in Chicago is quickly approaching, so it's time to organize the 2nd annual Sushi Night. For those that missed the inaugural event (tsk) , we'll gather at Blu Fish Sushi Bistro in Park Ridge on Thurs Aug 21st at 8 PM (after the closing of preview night). The restaurant is located just a few minutes away from the convention center. The sushi is fantastic! A group of us meets there once a month to talk comics and eat great food. I have yet to hear anyone saying anything negative about the quality of the sushi there. Greggy complains about everything, so that doesn't count :sumo: They also have non-sushi entrees from those that are so inclined menu The prices aren't cheap, so be forewarned. To give you an idea: California or Philadelphia rolls are $6-7 for six pieces. The specialty rolls are somewhere between $8-12 for six pieces.

So, if this sounds like something you'd like to attend, just post in this thread and I'll update the list as needed. Look forward to seeing some old, and new, faces there this year :applause:

2nd annual Sushi Night in Chicago

TheWatcher

Sharkey

Logan510 & Emily

greggy (Suck it)

143ksk

joeypost

Chuck Gower

electricprune

Transplant

MCMiles

wasonff

I'll go if Joey goes.

You'll go anyway and like it :sumo:

I'm going to make you eat so much that your body will revert back to its former self. :sorry:

Didn't they refuse to do individual checks last year?

Doc Joe was kind enough to cover my check and that of a couple of others, so I assume they did individual checks. I'm eating there Tuesday night so I'll talk to them and find out

Doc Joe was kind enough to cover my check and that of a couple of others, so I assume they did individual checks. I'm eating there Tuesday night so I'll talk to them and find out

There seemed to be a little confusion last year and I think some overpaid while some underpaid. I'm pretty sure I underpaid and the gang wouldn't let me chip in more. Hopefully they do separate checks as I like paying my fair share.

There seemed to be a little confusion last year and I think some overpaid while some underpaid. I'm pretty sure I underpaid and the gang wouldn't let me chip in more. Hopefully they do separate checks as I like paying my fair share.

So they do it by table, evidently. I deleted the part about individual checks from the OP