• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the most you have ever paid for a comic?

129 posts in this topic

I bought Hulk 181 for about $1,100 - CGC 7.0 and followed it up with Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.6 -$1,200. Now I'm planning to buy both Xmen #1 and avengers #1 which will send me into collection retirement, because these are pretty much the last two which I must have. Now both books would be close to $2000 each, a very scary price which has left me going back and forth on whether I should spend that much.

For 1 book, $300. For my Iron Man #1 Raw copy. However the most I've ever spent on Comics was month before last's ComicLink Auction where I spent $1517 on 44 slabs. :l

-Kystix

For 1 book, $300. For my Iron Man #1 Raw copy. However the most I've ever spent on Comics was month before last's ComicLink Auction where I spent $1517 on 44 slabs. :l

-Kystix

Thats a decent price for 44 comics, I'm talking a single comic. Interested to see if I'm insane.

I remember when I hit that imaginary line of 500,then I went passed that thousand dollar range.The slope is a slippery one,because now I don't even hesitate with anything up to 4 or 5K. :pullhair:

$725.

Justified it since it was the same as the previous owner paid for it, its a relatively hard to find GA book, and its the 2nd highest on census behind the Church copy. Felt like the value was pretty well enforced, so I hit the button.