• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

75 posts in this topic

I'm not mis-reading mess An "I'll take it via PM" doesn't mean jack unless in the PM the Seller told the buyer "Ok, but you have to post the I'll take in the thread before it's a deal.

If the buyer sent terms and the seller countered (could have been countless back and forths) and they both said ok then a deal was made.

Ill clear things up:

:takeit:IN the thread trumps any and ALL PM's

roulette44 - posted :takeit:IN the thread - #7930055 - Today at 04:19 PM

Transplant - posted :takeit: per PM IN thread - #7930061 - Today at 04:22 PM

Unless im breaking a Board rule I don't know about -

roulette is ^^

Sorry Mike :foryou:

Quick question, did you accept Mike's :takeit: via PM ?

Quick answer - No

Did you counter an offer from Transplant in the PM, and then Transplant agree to it before Joey posted?

I'm not mis-reading mess An "I'll take it via PM" doesn't mean jack unless in the PM the Seller told the buyer "Ok, but you have to post the I'll take in the thread before it's a deal.

If the buyer sent terms and the seller countered (could have been countless back and forths) and they both said ok then a deal was made.

Correct - But the buyers in MY threads have to post the "via PM" IN THE THREAD.

My bad then, but I've read you first post several times now and I don't see that. I don't think I ever seen anyone ever post that.

Ill clear things up:

roulette is ^^

Quick answer - No

Did you counter an offer from Transplant in the PM, and then Transplant agree to it before Joey posted?

Yes, a few minutes prior, but its irrelevant to the rules that were posted at 3:09

My bad then, but I've read you first post several times now and I don't see that. I don't think I ever seen anyone ever post that.

Ill clear things up:

roulette is ^^

Quick answer - No

Yes, a few minutes prior, but its irrelevant to the rules that were posted at 3:09

:facepalm:

You guys need to quit trying to cause drama. If a deal was made and agreed on by both parties before an I'll take it in the thread. Then the book should no longer available. You can't expect sellers to update the threads instantly.

This issue keeps coming up, but it really seems like common sense to me.

An "i'll take i" in the thread should trump any negotiations that aren't settled to the fullest extent. Not a deal where terms have been agreed upon by both parties.

I'm for this train of thought too. I'm confused. What's the rule? Who gets it?

You guys need to quit trying to cause drama. If a deal was made and agreed on by both parties before an I'll take it in the thread. Then the book should no longer available. You can't expect sellers to update the threads instantly.

An "i'll take i" in the thread should trump any negotiations that aren't settled to the fullest extent. Not a deal where terms have been agreed upon by both parties.

whats so confusing about " :takeit: in THREAD triumphs any and ALL PM's" its in black and white in the opening post? :eyeroll:

with all due respect to the seller, i have to agree w/ mcmiles, i have no skin in the game here and both buyers are well respected members and i'm happy you sold the book, but I have NEVER heard of somebody saying that the i'll take it HAS to be in the thread and it certainly does NOT say that in your original post, you should clarify that in your next sales so as to avoid confusion,

whats so confusing about " :takeit: in THREAD triumphs any and ALL PM's" its in black and white in the opening post? :eyeroll:

:applause:

Ill clear things up:

roulette is ^^

It's your call. It's your book. So it doesn't matter at this point.

Curious what the time stamp was on the last PM between you and Transplant that signified you both agreed on terms.

By these rules, as a seller I can agree to a deal via PM and just wait to post "SOLD" for a few hours and hope someone hits the BIN at a better price.

(thumbs u

I agree here. The seller at THAT moment in time needed to state "You must post the :takeit: in the thread" or it is still up for grabs to the buyer. I need to go read the terms of the sale, but I don't remember reading instructions specific to that. Lesson learned for all who demand the first :takeit: in the thread as the winner. A deal was struck via PM and then according to the sellers rules was allowed to float around in limbo.

Ill clear things up:

roulette is ^^

Quick answer - No

this is whats confusing, he says that transplant agreed to his deal before joey posted, what is so confusing or hard to understand about that???

Ok, yeah we see the rule, doesn't make it any less stupid...and when that was put into play many years ago it was intended to benefit the seller by creating a sense of urgency and and quick sales and discourage negotiations and low offers via PM. An I'll take it via PM should trump negotiations unfulfilled. It wasn't intended to allow a seller to back out on a deal previously agreed on.

..but WTF ever. Have at it.

If you look at ANY of my sales thread. They ALL have this in it.

I don't like posting the "I'll take it" to get a response that it was sold via PM

How do you know if it really was??

You can keep debating this, but roulette was 1st to post IN thread

If you look at ANY of my sales thread. They ALL have this in it.

I don't like posting the "I'll take it" to get a response that it was sold via PM

How do you know if it really was??

You can keep debating this, but roulette was 1st to post IN thread

Just walk away dude. You are right and congrats on the sale. You won't convince the nay sayers.