• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil Tops Movie Box Office

30 posts in this topic

"Hey guys, I respect everybody's right to their own opinions, but I just don't understand the praise for this movie. This movie has been panned by both critics and regular viewers alike."

I'm not saying this movie was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it exceeded my expectations going in. I'm no film critic (I did take a film studies course in university though wink.gif), but I know what I don't like - and I didn't think Daredevil was a stinkeroo.

I don't think it's fair comparing this movie with Spider-man though - I think they approach the comic book character much differently.

"I think "Daredevil" is of sufficiently low quality that it could literally turn off all but the most die-hard comic fans to future comic film releases"

Really? I don't think that will be the case - however, with all the hype of future comic book based productions in the works, I can see a 'glut' of the super-hero genre causing people to turn away. But for now, if you're a comic book fan, it's great to have these movies out there.

Certainly the movie isn't going to win many Oscars, but it was a fun movie to watch. I still don't know why they had to have every major DD character/villain in the movie, unless they aren't planning on any sequels. IMHO they could've done without KP, or at least kept him out of the movie in person while alluding to him as the driver behind Bullseye. Now that would've set up a sequel - DD looking to avenge Elektra's death by tracking down the "real" killer! Anyhow, I think we need a poll... wink.gif

The highlights were Colin Farrel and Garner's body

At last, a review I can get with...mmm, Jennifer Garner. Her little lingerie show in the post-Super Bowl episode of "Alias" was not to be missed. I liked it so much that I just bought a VCD of that episode on eBay!

Gene

I think if you guys are worried about the movie making money you have to remember that the entire east coast had a huge snow storm this weekend. I went to see DD on Friday when it was nice and it was sold out, couldn't get in all day. On Saturday however when the everyone was snowed in I got in just fine with about 8 other people. I would almost expect this coming weekend to be bigger than the last.

Ericc123

I personally didn't like the movie, but I am always rooting for a comic movie to do relatively well. I don't think that it stunk to the point where people will be avoiding the Hulk, X2, and Spidey 2 tongue.gif Keep 'em coming marvel.

"I went to see DD on Friday when it was nice and it was sold out, couldn't get in all day."

I went to a 9:15pm showing Friday night here on Long Island and the theater was half empty. Even though the movie blew, I was a very nervous that it would be a bomb at the box office. Glad it did well, but is was an awful film.