• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions? Tales of Suspense 9

5 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I'm thinking of purchasing this.

Seller says (and I quote)

+++++++++++++++++++++

PLEASE NOTE THE DENT/TEAR ALONG THE BOTTOM EDGE BACK COVER. IT ONLY EFFECT THE BACK COVER PAGE. OTHERWISE ITS A NM COPY.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Not my opinion on the grade of the book.

Anyone on these boards care to venture a grade? Many thanks for your opinions.

tos9-a_zps7ef8311b.jpg

tos9-b_zps60e83227.jpg

I'm not sure but I think I used to own this copy. I don't have any scans but I remember the dent. Anyway, if it is the same copy it was trimmed. I sold it raw, disclosing I thought it was PLOD. The new owner took a chance and CGC'ed it but it was indeed trimmed. Again, I can't be sure but I thought it was the right thing to do to mention it.

I'm not sure but I think I used to own this copy. I don't have any scans but I remember the dent. Anyway, if it is the same copy it was trimmed. I sold it raw, disclosing I thought it was PLOD. The new owner took a chance and CGC'ed it but it was indeed trimmed. Again, I can't be sure but I thought it was the right thing to do to mention it.

Thanks very much for sharing. A dent/tear like that on a book that is otherwise so nice looking, and a very hot pre-hero book to boot, is something I'd remember.

The top edge and the right side are insanely straight and sharp. Not quite in keeping with a book that's taken a big impact on the bottom edge. I think I'll cancel my snipe.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281406900968?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

:ohnoez: