• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New look for the Stormtroopers?

23 posts in this topic

I guess it's real if multiple pics are showing up, but my inclination would be to call them fake. Why would there be Stormtroopers at all? Is the empire or some fraction of it still in existence in these films? If not, why would the Alliance (or whatever the Rebels call themselves after winning) still use Stormtrooper armor for their soldiers?

I would like to think that:

option a. whoever steps into the 'villian' role, would have done so immediately following the fall of the Emperor/Vader. There must have been some stormstroopers around to help build up a new army.

option b. since this film takes place a few years after all of the events of Return of the Jedi, maybe the new villian has created a new army and is using this new look as an homage to the past designs.

I guess it's real if multiple pics are showing up, but my inclination would be to call them fake. Why would there be Stormtroopers at all? Is the empire or some fraction of it still in existence in these films? If not, why would the Alliance (or whatever the Rebels call themselves after winning) still use Stormtrooper armor for their soldiers?
Yea in the comics, and books the war still went on, you have to remember the Empire was spread across the galaxy, with thousands of ships, and millions of troops left, all because the Emperor died didn't mean they lost. After he died a lot of Governors, and high ranking military officials went rogue, and become warlords, ruling over their own part of the splintered empire in little factions. They would fight among themselves, and the republic, for decades until they were again stabilized under two main different Empires. The earliest after episode 6 being the Imperial Remnant, which was the remains of the old Empire, and the Empire of the Hand, which was ruled under Admiral Thrawn. The Storm Troopers throughout all of this remained, keep in mind they were the elite military branch of the empire, and separate from the main imperial army, made of enlisted people,clones, and people from the regular army that transfered. If you could relate them too an actual military branch it would probably be the Marines. They did go through some structure and social changes, but for the most part remained the same, keeping the same type of armor, or a similar looking style of it throughout the canon of the Star Wars universe.

This is what I remember through, so some parts might be wrong.