• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Northern Lights Brighten Heritage Comics!

54 posts in this topic

I just read this ,& want some feedback on what you guys think? It seems to me every other month or so a new Named Collection is found ,Cool , No problem!!

But what really bugs me is the Hype. It always sounds like it's the latest Pedigree!!

Check out Neat Stuff, etc. The Butter Collection , Grandma's Collection ,Etc. Etc. Ad Infinitum!! Ad Hoc!!!! C'mon guys give us a break ,it ain't no Mile High, Larsen, San Francisco,Allentown, Etc. They are special and for a reason!!

This latest collection sounds Awesome, don't get me wrong; but it was put together by a guy who had over a Million Bucks to spend , given the right money & the dealers that I know;& I'm sure alot of you guys know;with enough perseverance we could do the same thing! Any opinions?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Do you see where I'm coming from ??

Thanks , Sorry about the Rant!!! sign-rantpost.gif

I just read this ,& want some feedback on what you guys think? It seems to me every other month or so a new Named Collection is found ,Cool , No problem!!

But what really bugs me is the Hype. It always sounds like it's the latest Pedigree!!

Check out Neat Stuff, etc. The Butter Collection , Grandma's Collection ,Etc. Etc. Ad Infinitum!! Ad Hoc!!!! C'mon guys give us a break ,it ain't no Mile High, Larsen, San Francisco,Allentown, Etc. They are special and for a reason!!

This latest collection sounds Awesome, don't get me wrong; but it was put together by a guy who had over a Million Bucks to spend , given the right money & the dealers that I know;& I'm sure alot of you guys know;with enough perseverance we could do the same thing! Any opinions?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Do you see where I'm coming from ??

Thanks , Sorry about the Rant!!! sign-rantpost.gif

So will CGC recognize these collections/pedigrees and place a note on their label - "Joe's Junkyard Pedigree Collection", "Found in Trunk of My Dad's Old Buick Collection", "Broke Into and Stole Ian Levine's DC Collection", "Beat up Old Lady and Grabbed the Last Batch at the Flea Market Collection", plus, "The Famous Mustard and Ketchup Stained Collection", etc. Give me a break.

Yup.

So a guy with a million bucks to spend puts together a high grade run of ASM and Batman. Wow... wotta dedicated collector! He probably spend several whole hours on the phone to amass this historical collection. tonofbricks.gif

Frankly, I have more respect for a guy that -- with a modest income -- spends many years putting together a midgrade collection that he truly loves. Not some rich guy that gets an itch to have a comic collection... then dumps it on Heritage when the bloom is off the rose...

sign-rantpost.gif

So will CGC recognize these collections/pedigrees and place a note on their label - "Joe's Junkyard Pedigree Collection", "Found in Trunk of My Dad's Old Buick Collection", "Broke Into and Stole Ian Levine's DC Collection", "Beat up Old Lady and Grabbed the Last Batch at the Flea Market Collection", plus, "The Famous Mustard and Ketchup Stained Collection", etc. Give me a break.

That's what I'm talking about!! headbang.gifgrin.gif

Yea, according to Steve if you spend enough money with them CGC will put whatever notation you want on the label. I'm dead serious.

I should qualify that statement.

According to Steve if Chuck Rozanski spends enough money with them CGC will put whatever notation he wants on the label. thumbsup2.gif

Steve , apoligies sorry.gif,I never meant CGC putting that on a label ,I meant Heritage!! You guys only put what you know for sure as your job indicates ,I believe that & trust that . What i'm saying is alot of these colllection's are hyped & always need a name ,Hey!!! High grade is High grade period IMO!! But when somethings named like the Mile high , Larsen, etc, there special & one of a kind,not any old collection put together by someone with big bucks looking to cash in like the Nic Cage collection!! Just my Opinion!! confused-smiley-013.gif

So True!! So True!! & the best part is they think you can't see through the Bull-$%@#!!!!! Enough!!! frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifdevil.gif

It's all about making money from the unsuspecting customer. There are many people out there with deep pockets and zero knowledge of comic books. They'll probably wind up paying double because of the notation on the CGC label, thinking that this new collection rivals Edgar Church's pedigree collection. What's next, labels listing pages as "Off-White" vs. "White" vs. "Ultra White"?! "Hey Joe, your 9.6 Hulk #181 has white pages, but mines got "Ultra White Pages. I'll trade with you, but your Mercedes has to come with the deal". foreheadslap.gif