• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay not working?

86 posts in this topic

Here's a few quotes from people posting on the ebay community forum:

"Do not log into your accts by removing the qa. When a website redirects you to an unfamiliar website, its usually a phishing scheme or an attempt at hacking"

"Removed '.QA' from the URL and got in...wondering if I should because it won't let me log out but I didn't log in as my password was saved. Also oddly above the ebay logo at the top left has the following text 'GH68rc1' above it. Never seen that before."

"I'm getting this too now. QA is probably for "QA department" Software quality assurance....the developers must beta test software changes and pass it to the QA department to do so. Someone there screwed up and submitted the test versions of the html as the new revision. Big error, someone is going to get a hurting tonight!! I used to do HW and SW design verification. BTDT!"

I had a problem the last couple of days - it would allow me to list books for sale, but there was ONE book that would not show up on search even two days after posting it for sale.

I canceled that listing and created a new listing, same problem.

I called Ebay (yay that's so much fun) and they couldn't figure out why my listing wasn't showing up on any search.

Apparently for THAT particular listing only, it would not allow me to put an asterisk * in the title, yet in other listings I made at the same time I also had the * symbol in the title and those went through no problem.

So after nearly a week of trying, I was able to get the book to show up on search by canceling the 2nd listing, creating a 3rd new listing WITHOUT the * in the title.

That also happened to me several times. To the point I quit and pulled it off eBay. The call I made to support was shockingly zero help.

E-bay has been going downhill on customer service .... Cutbacks

I am done with offering no reserve auctions on ebay. People complain about minimum bids or buy now prices, and then I put them in a real auction like heritage or clink or c-connect and they get much more than people could have gotten them for if they'd just made an offer or even hit the buy now. It's like a minimum price, or the fact it's on ebay, makes them think it can't possibly be worth it.

Put a bunch of things up including one with no reserve, a book I probably paid 20 bucks for 30 or 40 years ago and is probably worth 50 today, yet it goes for 5 bucks. Not that I care about the book; put it up as a test of what I've known for a long time. Don't complain if people put things up with minimums or offer only as a buy now, because there is just too much evidence that it is stupid not to.