• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is someone reaching a bit too high here?

7 posts in this topic

Even if that book is perfect in every way that HORRID miscut drops that book out of the 9's in my opinion.

Production quality must be considered in grading.

Artboy99

I agree with you. I have few - if any - miscuts in my collection as severe as this one. But I do not believe a miscut or production flaws in general lower a comic's grade when it's being graded by cgc. I'm not saying this is good or bad, but that seems to be what I have been seeing. I have seen severely miscut comics get 9.8's. confused-smiley-013.gif

Even if that book is perfect in every way that HORRID miscut drops that book out of the 9's in my opinion.

Production quality must be considered in grading.

Artboy99

I agree with you. I have few - if any - miscuts in my collection as severe as this one. But I do not believe a miscut or production flaws in general lower a comic's grade when it's being graded by cgc. I'm not saying this is good or bad, but that seems to be what I have been seeing. I have seen severely miscut comics get 9.8's. confused-smiley-013.gif

Only in extreme cases will CGC downgrade a book for production defects. Unless CGC is going to make a notation of the QP defect, I don't think they should downgrade at all for production. If they did, the structural grade of the book would become undefinable.