• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel #1 or Batman #1

36 posts in this topic

Thinking about original art there on the Silver page got me thinking - We know that cool Subby page from Marvel #1 surfaced late last year, and there is a page of art known from Batman #1 (the first story page with the Joker on it - not the splash),

which do you think would be cooler to have?

The Subby page is definitely cool and from a very important book - but my heart tells me it would be much cooler to have the Bat #1 page...

The Subby page is definitely cool and from a very important book - but my heart tells me it would be much cooler to have teh Bat #1 page...

I have to say, and I know what you mean, I would choose the Subby page. Now had you said Detective 27 then hands down Batman. But Marvel 1 is just too important and Bat 1 had already been there, so to speak. smile.gif

I know what you mean in regards to it being the first Joker, but to me (and keep in mind I don't collect original art) a big part of the appeal of a given piece original art lies in the quality of the artist... and Everett is hands down the better of the two.

My reasoning above is why I was so shocked.gif at the Thunda 1 cover still existing... it's just beautiful!!!

You're aware of his romance art? I thought you had pledged your troth to Wonder Woman tongue.gif

By the way, I fully aware of it, thanks. tongue.gif I was just using the Thunda cover as an example since it was posted the other day.

Dan

I think most of Frazetta's art is out there - he usually made sure he got it all back - I just think he doesn't let much of it go.

I understand about Joker being a villain (though there is a pic of Bruce Wayne on the page), but not sure if I agree that Everrett was a better artist than Robinson.

But maybe I'm just pro-Batman and anti-Subby.

It wouldn't be like I'd cry myself to sleep if I had one and not the other. smile.gif

Any Bob Kane art from the early Detective issues would be great. The page from Batman #1 would not be too bad either nor would the Everett Marvel 1 page. I honestly think any of them would be a great addition to a collection. What do Everett Sub-Mariner splash pages go for? I have seen pages from TTA and Sub-Mariner selling for several hundred.

Tom

wow - thread coming back to life after 3 1/2 years.

Don't think there is a wrong nswer on this. Both are incredibly important historic

pages. The Batman would be more recognizable to the general public, but of course the general public isn't going to spend 75K+ on either page anyways.