• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool #34 3d- How many on-line retailers sold them for cover price?

31 posts in this topic

My guess is none, as this is a $50 plus book right now. But my LCS did, and thanked me for being a good customer! So, remember your LCS, and they will remember you. Thank you Vintage Phoenix in Bloomington Indiana for taking care of your customers!

Deadpool3dcover0001.jpg

Deadpool343dback0001.jpg

Initially, this was to be 1 for every 52 regular editions ordered, but then Marvel decided to send 1 to every Diamond account, regardless of how many were ordered. So, every LCS should have gotten at least one, and then more based on orders.

Got mine for cover and got the Daredevil SK Energy shot 1 per store going into my pull next week.

The Daredevil book is supposed to one per Diamond account as well. I requested it too.

Initially, this was to be 1 for every 52 regular editions ordered, but then Marvel decided to send 1 to every Diamond account, regardless of how many were ordered. So, every LCS should have gotten at least one, and then more based on orders.

Got mine for cover and got the Daredevil SK Energy shot 1 per store going into my pull next week.

The Daredevil book is supposed to one per Diamond account as well. I requested it too.

Wow, that's sweet! Midtown had priced the Daredevil @ $255 (out of stock).

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but does anyone have any actual numbers on the release of this book? Did shops that ordered 104 regular covers get 3 3D's? Just wondering cuz the supply on this thing looks to be super low.

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but does anyone have any actual numbers on the release of this book? Did shops that ordered 104 regular covers get 3 3D's? Just wondering cuz the supply on this thing looks to be super low.

One of the store owners here should know, but my LCS said that he ordered 53 and got 1, and got 1 more because after initial orders were placed, Marvel announced they would give out one to every Diamond account regardless of how many were ordered. That makes me think Marvel had a bunch of extras, enough to give every Diamond account one AFTER they accounted for the one's that were earned by the comic stores. So, my guess would be about 4000. Any other guesses?

Sounds like what they did with Hellboy the Fury #3 RI.

No one read the fine print, and assumed it was a 1:20. But the wording was much more (unintentionally, I think) convoluted.

"In order to receive 1 ultra rare Fury #3 variant cover by Mike Mignola, retailers were required to match or exceed their initial orders for Hellboy The Fury #1 (minimum of 20 copies, orders under 20 do not qualify)"

Many retailers evidently misread the "Minium of 20 copies, orders under 20 do not qualify" and ignored the rest of the language and assumed it was a standard 1:20. And when they placed orders for multiples of the #3RI, they were told it was sold out.

There were MANY hot customers. If some posts are to be believed, several had ordered MULTIPLES of the Fury #3, (20x) to ensure they would get their own reserved copy of #3R.

And one reported Dark Horse response only seemed to flame the fires, because when asked how many are in the print run, according to what I'd read they stated "we printed exactly as many as had met the requirements of the special run".

-Terry

Sounds like what they did with Hellboy the Fury #3 RI.

No one read the fine print, and assumed it was a 1:20. But the wording was much more (unintentionally, I think) convoluted.

"In order to receive 1 ultra rare Fury #3 variant cover by Mike Mignola, retailers were required to match or exceed their initial orders for Hellboy The Fury #1 (minimum of 20 copies, orders under 20 do not qualify)"

Many retailers evidently misread the "Minium of 20 copies, orders under 20 do not qualify" and ignored the rest of the language and assumed it was a standard 1:20. And when they placed orders for multiples of the #3RI, they were told it was sold out.

There were MANY hot customers. If some posts are to be believed, several had ordered MULTIPLES of the Fury #3, (20x) to ensure they would get their own reserved copy of #3R.

And one reported Dark Horse response only seemed to flame the fires, because when asked how many are in the print run, according to what I'd read they stated "we printed exactly as many as had met the requirements of the special run".

-Terry

wow that's crazy