• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool flick coming February 2016

128 posts in this topic

NM 98s vanishing off of eBay.

:o

I wonder if they'll start approaching ASM #300 prices in 9.8... hm

That is a safe bet.

I would love to see it get to asm 300 prices.

Since I own 6 9.8s, I would too :popcorn:

What are the census numbers on this one in 9.8 and 9.6?

If it is not into the thousands yet, it probably will be in the not too distant future. Sounds as though almost everybody and their dog already has one of these in uber HG condition. hm

1550 9.8's or better. that is not a typo.

:o:o

And people still spend big bucks on these books! doh! Holy DROKK, 1550 9.8's people, amazing this is now almost a $1000 book. :facepalm:

I'm not sure about Reynolds the history of the comic based movies he's been in have been less then spectacular.

I think he has been a disaster in any such movie he has ever been in... but the short teaser that is floating around works well... so not sure..

Well, he was terrific in Van Wilder. lol

+1 I just want to see 'Van Wilder' w/ the same attitude of the guy from 'Waiting' wielding a sword and a machine gun. Just don't sew his mouth shut and have swords popping out of his wrists and I'll probably be happy with this one.

And people still spend big bucks on these books! doh! Holy DROKK, 1550 9.8's people, amazing this is now almost a $1000 book. :facepalm:

No, no, no, no. The count is 1,548. That's why the price hasn't come down yet.

1,550. As if!

(tsk)

No, no, no, no. The count is 1,548. That's why the price hasn't come down yet.

1,550. As if!

(tsk)

:roflmao:

NM 98s vanishing off of eBay.

:o

I wonder if they'll start approaching ASM #300 prices in 9.8... hm

That is a safe bet.

I would love to see it get to asm 300 prices.

Since I own 6 9.8s, I would too :popcorn:

What are the census numbers on this one in 9.8 and 9.6?

If it is not into the thousands yet, it probably will be in the not too distant future. Sounds as though almost everybody and their dog already has one of these in uber HG condition. hm

1550 9.8's or better. that is not a typo.

:o:o

Well, you know the old saying about a fool and his money and what happens.... :tonofbricks:

The only real safe bet here is that the census count for uber HG copies of this book will only explode from here going forward.

Definitely not a Warren Buffet buy and hold type of investment you are looking at here. lol

So Deadpool probably has at least 1500 "diehard" fans that want a copy of his first appearance at the highest grade possible, add to the fact that the book is affordable compared to any other Marvel character in high grade and there is the saturation.

And no not a book that needs to stay in your collection because it's so fluid, but it makes sense to see it sell like it does.

At least I got a graded 9.6. I might sell it and go for a 9.8 now.

You'd have to jump on that now to find 9.8s selling for a "before" price and sell your 9.6 for an "after" price.

Going to be tough now. Book was already hot, now it's blazing on fire!

What will happen now is the book will break new ground pricewise. It will never go back to pre- Deadpool movie announcement prices.

An example of this was Showcase #22. The Green Lantern movie bombed, but Showcase #22 never went back to the low prices it had before the Green Lantern film was announced.

You'd have to jump on that now to find 9.8s selling for a "before" price and sell your 9.6 for an "after" price.

What will happen now is the book will break new ground pricewise. It will never go back to pre- Deadpool movie announcement prices.

An example of this was Showcase #22. The Green Lantern movie bombed, but Showcase #22 never went back to the low prices it had before the Green Lantern film was announced.

this was especially surprising given another 1500 Showcase #22's in 9.8 were added to the census between the movie announcement and today

this was especially surprising given another 1500 Showcase #22's in 9.8 were added to the census between the movie announcement and today

lol

I expect Deadpool to big at the boxoffice, and getting NM 98s right now will be considered cheap at 2016 prices.

Even if Deadpool bombs we will find the days of buying NM 98s cheap, similar to finding an Incredible Hulk #181 at a cheap price are now gone. 2c

lol

Name me one Marvel or DC comic book that went down to pre-movie announcement prices? hm

What usually happens is the comic book before the movie announcement is at it`s lowest price, then with the movie announcement it skyrockets in price, until the movie comes out, then after the movie comes out it drops in price :o , but that drop in price is never lower then the price it was before the movie announcement.

lol

Name me one Marvel or DC comic book that went down to pre-movie announcement prices? hm

What usually happens is the comic book before the movie announcement is at it`s lowest price, then with the movie announcement it skyrockets in price, until the movie comes out, then after the movie comes out it drops in price :o , but that drop in price is never lower then the price it was before the movie announcement.

Watchmen #1

lol

Watchmen #1

I should have said in the Marvel and DC universes. I consider Watchmen more an alternative comic book, then Marvel and DC mainstream.

Example are Green Lantern and Deadpool are DC and Marvel mainstream universe comic books, while Watchmen and Kick-Arse are not.

Even if Deadpool bombs we will find the days of buying NM 98s cheap, similar to finding an Incredible Hulk #181 at a cheap price are now gone. 2c

+1

Also,

If the Green Lantern movie can suck so bad and not effect the book, then I highly doubt it will happen with Deadpool.

Look at NM 98 in a 9.8 to be around 7-750 ish around movie time. Wouldn't be surprised if it's more.

Reynolds is a good actor. Green Lantern wasn't for him. Now him as Deadpool? I say yea. Only because he'll be in a mask and his face will be altered. ..lol

I think his quirkiness would stand out more while masked up.