• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool flick coming February 2016

128 posts in this topic

Deadpool is more in line with newer generations...

Even Spidey is like Arhie to younger audiences.

Of all the big names... Deadpool is probably the most in tune with the current generations.

I usually tend to agree with some of your posts , but reading your comparison of spiderman to Archie made me spit my coffee out. lol

Of all the big names... Deadpool is probably the most in tune with the current generations.

lol

:facepalm:

:facepalm: Then there is no hope...

You guys may not like him but it's just the same kind of generational differences that occur with music and television, Deadpool is THE popular superhero character of the current generation.

I imagine that many from the SuperMan generation felt the same when the Marvel superheroes became popular and many from the Silver Age generation felt the same when Wolverine and Punisher became popular.

When selling at cons and shows, the Deadpool popularity is evident among younger buyers while older comic fans tend to think the character is stupid. This is generalising obviously but the trend is very apparent.

lol

You guys may not like him but it's just the same kind of generational differences that occur with music and television, Deadpool is THE popular superhero character of the current generation.

I imagine that many from the SuperMan generation felt the same when the Marvel superheroes became popular and many from the Silver Age generation felt the same when Wolverine and Punisher became popular.

When selling at cons and shows, the Deadpool popularity is evident among younger buyers while older comic fans tend to think the character is stupid. This is generalising obviously but the trend is very apparent.

all I ever hear at cons is how much is that Harley

lol

I don't know about the comparisons made by Alexander, but I agree with gaz. Every time there is a little kid with his dad at my LCS, the kid is talking or asking about Deadpool. I'm not sure how kid-friendly the new stuff is, but the pre-teen/teen boys do love Deadpool.

I'm just glad the kids are there buying comics. I could not care less who their favorite character is.

New Report Reveals That DEADPOOL Will Be PG-13 And NOT R-Rated

------------------

It's thought that Fox were struggling to decide whether to make Deadpool a big budget PG-13 blockbuster or a slightly cheaper R-Rated movie, but a new report reveals that director Tim Miller finally got a green light because they've re-purposed the -script and it's now...you guessed it...PG-13!

------------------

I think the box office potential just went up.

So is it too late or too early to sell my Deadpool comics?

Definetely not too late! Too early is up for debate. I'd sell a 9.8 if you can get $700 - $800 for it.

I usually tend to agree with some of your posts , but reading your comparison of spiderman to Archie made me spit my coffee out. lol

Hehehe...

That part was not meant to be taken too seriously. (thumbs u

But I do think that Deadpool appeals to young people more than Spidey does.

I don't know about the comparisons made by Alexander, but I agree with gaz. Every time there is a little kid with his dad at my LCS, the kid is talking or asking about Deadpool. I'm not sure how kid-friendly the new stuff is, but the pre-teen/teen boys do love Deadpool.

I'm just glad the kids are there buying comics. I could not care less who their favorite character is.

+1

------------------

It's thought that Fox were struggling to decide whether to make Deadpool a big budget PG-13 blockbuster or a slightly cheaper R-Rated movie, but a new report reveals that director Tim Miller finally got a green light because they've re-purposed the -script and it's now...you guessed it...PG-13!

------------------

terrific pedigree on the director. he made a short 10 years ago.

------------------

------------------

There was no chance this movie was ever going to be R-rated.

------------------

------------------

There was no chance this movie was ever going to be R-rated.

correct