• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I feel like a real seller now---someone's toddler bought my book on Ebay

25 posts in this topic

I've had 4 non-paying bidders or my toddler bid blah blah's since August. Better than them hitting the BIN, getting the book and ruining it so they can get a refund cause of buyers remorse.

True. Mailing it out and then getting a refund request, that's way worse.

Well, it's cancelled and reposted, so no big deal. Just a pain in the arse.

Years ago, I had an eBay buyer ask to back out because his cat walked across his keyboard.

The cat was the highest bidder and had actually bid several times during the auction. :)

I just told him "no problem" and relisted the book.

Years ago, I had an eBay buyer ask to back out because his cat walked across his keyboard.

The cat was the highest bidder and had actually bid several times during the auction. :)

What a p u s s y... Badabing

dogs-blaming-the-cat.jpg

Further proof...that dogs are bad people!! (Wait, huh?)

My wonderful day with Ebay continues. Im trying to raise my sell limit to sell one book. After being on hold for two hours, she says, "well, our records show you have 98 slots open to sell."

ME: "Mam, I don't sell volume. I sell a few highly graded comics per month. I will never sell volume."

HER: "well, yes, but what our supervisors are looking for is for those slots to be utilized."

ME: "But, I don't sell volume."

HER: "Ok, it's kind of like asking a bank for money when you haven't used the money they already gave you."

ME: "I never asked you for money, and you are not offering me money, what are you talking about?"

HER: "Im sorry sir, I understand your situation is not the same as others, but we treat each seller the same way and go through the same process".

Wow, at least she admitted what is painfully obvious.

My wonderful day with Ebay continues. Im trying to raise my sell limit to sell one book. After being on hold for two hours, she says, "well, our records show you have 98 slots open to sell."

ME: "Mam, I don't sell volume. I sell a few highly graded comics per month. I will never sell volume."

HER: "well, yes, but what our supervisors are looking for is for those slots to be utilized."

HER: "Ok, it's kind of like asking a bank for money when you haven't used the money they already gave you."

ME: "I never asked you for money, and you are not offering me money, what are you talking about?"

HER: "Im sorry sir, I understand your situation is not the same as others, but we treat each seller the same way and go through the same process".

NTH, If you only sell a few books a month what is the issue with "98 slots"? I have not sold on ebay in quite a while and have only been peripherally aware of changes in their system, so am just trying to figure this out.

NTH, If you only sell a few books a month what is the issue with "98 slots"? I have not sold on ebay in quite a while and have only been peripherally aware of changes in their system, so am just trying to figure this out.

She said it would be hard to justify to her boss to raise my limit, since I wasn't "using 98 out of my 100 slots" to sell. So you have two limits, the dollar amount per month and the number of items. Being a dude just selling a few books on the side, volume is not on my agenda.

But she kept coming back to it. The bank loan analogy about drove me over the edge. How is me not using 98 slots I never asked for or intended to use the same as me asking for money, getting money, then going back for another loan?

Give her this analogy- M'am if I sell houses then if I sell one a month that's enough. I don't have to sell 98 houses a month. Selling houses is different than selling burgers. I want to sell houses, not burgers.