• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 129

34 posts in this topic

is it just me, or has the price of asm 129 dropped drastically in price over the past year?

It has but not nearly enough. I'm waiting till I can get a CGC 9.2 for about $250 crazy.gif

Hey thats what I picked up a Raw copy for thumbsup2.gif

About 3 years ago makepoint.gif

is it just me, or has the price of asm 129 dropped drastically in price over the past year?

i seriouslly think it's just you... wink.gif

this one (129) it's always being hunted down by a large chunck of the fans community. i don't see it seriouslly cooling down in the long run...but who knows?! confused.gif

Wow thats alot for back then, but still if you are happy with your purchase thats what really matters.

Well it was a gamble. Had it graded NM+ that would have been a great deal. Remember this was right before the Punisher movie came out, so prices were a bit high. I've always wanted the issue and that was the best raw copy I had seen in awhile, which is why I would doubts about selling it.

I remember paying something like $500 in 2001/2 for Spider 121, 129 and MTIO 1,

at a show in Boston.

When I first heard about CGC they were some of the early books I submitted. They came back

Spidey 121 9.4

Spidey 129 9.2

MTIO 1 9.2 ( I have always loved this cover when I was younger)

I bought a NM raw copy from Superworld at SD in 1995 for $425. I don't know if I could part with it though.

Good to see Rocketeer's auction that high.

that much in 1995?!?! it's the highest price i've heard for a raw one during the mid nineteens!!! 893whatthe.gif

anyway, congrats... wink.gif

893censored-thumb.gif I didn't catch it until you posted it, I meant in 2003 at SD. Doing too many things at once here at work. Mt bad.

this one (129) it's always being hunted down by a large chunck of the fans community. i don't see it seriouslly cooling down in the long run...but who knows?! confused.gif

This comic was absolutely DOA pre-CGC and only really heated up again due to slabbed speculation and the Punisher movie. ASM 129 was probably the Bronze comic to rise by the largest % from 1998 to 2002.

Now that speculators are taking off and the movie tanked....

This comic was absolutely DOA pre-CGC and only really heated up again due to slabbed speculation and the Punisher movie. ASM 129 was probably the Bronze comic to rise by the largest % from 1998 to 2002.

Now that speculators are taking off and the movie tanked....

it was a much lower price before the movie/heat up...but the movie has passed on already sometime ago and this comic keeps on being a pretty much hunted down and therefore the prices won't be lowering soon. wink.gif

it was a much lower price before the movie/heat up...but the movie has passed on already sometime ago and this comic keeps on being a pretty much hunted down and therefore the prices won't be lowering soon. wink.gif

Maybe not tomorrow, but I do not trust any currently-hot Bronze comic book, that was DOA circa 1998, to hold their inflated values forever.