• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many posters are CGC members?

Are you a CGC member?   

315 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a CGC member?

25 posts in this topic

I'm a dealer, we don't pay for membership.

Not sure you are polling correctly

Same here.

do you work for CGC ?

lol:whee:

-------------------

Sorry, too funny, but to answer your question you put to him. As for dealer members, it means they filled this out:

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/dealerapp1.asp

and got approved. They dont work for CGC, they submit for "others" and I believe have to submit a certain volume. Though I think most are just the latter, not the former. Also, I believe they get 20% off, one step higher than the 15% personal maxes out at....

That's my unverified experience/observation, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Same here.

do you work for CGC ?

-------------------

Sorry, too funny, but to answer your question you put to him. As for dealer members, it means they filled this out:

and got approved. They dont work for CGC, they submit for "others" and I believe have to submit a certain volume. Though I think most are just the latter, not the former. Also, I believe they get 20% off, one step higher than the 15% personal maxes out at....

That's my unverified experience/observation, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I will forfeit that extra 5% for the comfort level of being able to track my books at whim. There is a certain comfort to being able to do that on my own rather than constantly as the submitter where are my books in the system.

Same here.

do you work for CGC ?

-------------------

I will forfeit that extra 5% for the comfort level of being able to track my books at whim. There is a certain comfort to being able to do that on my own rather than constantly as the submitter where are my books in the system.

The dealer doesn't pass on the 20% savings, it's where they make profit. Thus on a modern FT Dealer will charge $28 + shipping + expenses. Dealer then submits in volume (i.e. 30 Modern FT's in one box on one invoice) and gets all 30 shipped back to his office then calls customer to tell them ready for pickup.

The 20% has to cover the packaging materials and the round trip shipping which gets costly (though a good dealer probably is using their own Fedex account and not paying for CGC shipping which is outrageously over expensive) as well as dealers profit margin. I've even seen some dealers charge the 5 dollar invoice charge to each customer even though they then combine into one invoice.