• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Online Comic Store Open - The Vault

31 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself and our new online comic shop - The Vault. We literally flipped the switch on this today and I'm hoping you'll find something of interest. :)

We are still frantically populating the site as we have thousands of comics for sale - the vast majority are CGC slabbed and graded.

Our owner has one of the largest collections in Europe (we believe) with some 20,000 items and we're always on the lookout to buy interesting collections as well as sell.

As our shop is brand new, I'd also welcome your feedback on usability etc... Looking to build links with you fabulous people so any questions please drop me a line. I'll update this thread with some of our initial offerings in the next few days, then I'll add to it on a regular basis.

Amazing Adventures #1 CGC 9.6

Amazing Spider-Man #100 CGC 9.2

As our shop is brand new, I'd also welcome your feedback on usability etc... Looking to build links with you fabulous people so any questions please drop me a line. I'll update this thread with some of our initial offerings in the next few days, then I'll add to it on a regular basis.

Just a thought -- if you're going to be adding thousands of books, I'd suggest breaking down the left column interface by era (maybe gold/silver, bronze/copper & modern), and then by company within each era. I think doing it just by character will start to get unwieldy if there can be hundreds of books in a character's listing.

Good luck with the site; will keep an eye out! (thumbs u

yah I think the left column should be on the left, with the main viewing area should be centered and at the top.

We're having a launch sale THIS WEEKEND.

10% off everything.

Just use the code VAULT10% at the checkout.

The code is valid once per user but applies to your whole basket if you purchase more than one item.

Visit The Vault

P.S. Thanks KPR - yes, improvements to photos/scans are high on our list. I think we've got a setup that works now.

Thanks for all your comments and support so far. Much appreciated here.

Here's a free tip:

If you're not going to put in the effort to provide scans, at least get all the info correct in the title.

For example, if the books are "UK Editions" put that in the title. It makes a big difference and I almost pulled the trigger on a few books until I noticed something written in the top right corner.

Save yourself a bunch of negative feedback and disclose, disclose, disclose!!

Greetings everyone. Just in time for the weekend we've got a lovely batch of Thor, Tales to Astonish, Tales of Suspense and more up for sale (N.B. these comics are non-CGC).

Check out our range of vintage comics and let me know if you have any questions.

Absolutely love the cover of Thor #188 :)

Cheers

Thor-188-VF-224x347.jpg

Tales-to-Astonish-49-VF-224x347.jpg

Hola amigos.

Another big store update today, with some great Green Lantern, Mystery in Space and more.

Continuing the space theme...and to celebrate a pretty awesome comet landing earlier in the week, we're taking 10% off everything in the store over the weekend.

Just enter the code: rosetta10 at checkout. Code is limited to one use per customer but will apply to your whole basket if you purchase multiple items.

Mystery-in-Space-87-VF-224x347.jpg Green-Lantern-20-VF--224x347.jpg John-Carter-of-Mars-1-V-224x347.jpg

Thanks everyone for checking out the store last weekend. We've tweaked the site and UI a bit this week.

- comics now listed in alphabetical order

- new 'storefront' homepage

HUGE Walking Dead update added today too.

Tons and Tons of variant covers & other nice stuff.

Walking-Dead-1-10th-anniversary-edition-224x347.jpgWalking-Dead-1-michonne-special-224x347.jpg Walking-Dead-1-nashville-comicon-224x347.jpg/

Check it out and have a great weekend.

Hi guys

We're stealing a march on Black Friday by offering 10% off vintage comics in The Vault RIGHT NOW.

Simply enter the imaginatively titled discount code blackfriday at the checkout and you'll get 10% off whatever's in your basket.

The offer code is valid through to Cyber Monday (1st December), giving you plenty of time to browse and get your pre-Christmas order in.

Code can only be used once per customer, but does apply to everything in your basket/cart if you are purchasing multiple items.

DareDevil-1-VG-224x347.jpgBatman-2-224x347.jpg