• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC strip it off or keep it on? posted by 109

3 posts in this topic

Strip label on top should it stay or go?

I recently purchased a Witchblade #1 Movie Edition graded with a CGC 9.8. The plastic case at the top was missing the paper label at the top of case. I kind of like it better without the label. It was one of the early graded comics from the old CGC labeling and a lot of those top labels curl up and look terrible. It would be nice if CGC could come up with a better way to affix top paper labels to where they stay in place. I think the only thing the top paper label is good for is finding a particular comic if you have it stored in an upright box. I don't think it changes the value at all. Thanks for reading.

15967.jpg

See more journals by 109

I'm a fan of the vintage labels, and when I get the opportunity to buy a vintage label in high grade, I'll go for it.

I'm not sure why the vintage label is unpopular... probably because it no longer fits in line. The modern label is very nice, and I understand collectors desiring uniformity. Since I'm into vintage, it just naturally plays into my tastes.

I agree, the top sticky label gets unglued rather easily and gets annoying. I have a few peeling off... but it doesn't take away from the comic or case in any way... unless you have OCD.

SW3D