• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VALIANT NEXT

50 posts in this topic

I wonder if these will blow up like they did in the 90s going for crazy prices and then after a few years only be worth less then its cover price?

i had the original rai, XO Manowar, Ninjak Solar, etc... the only one that was not too bad reading material was the Ninjak, the cover was beautiful but once again come back to a few months back as i checked the value on ALL of them. they weren't worth jack.

I wonder if these will blow up like they did in the 90s going for crazy prices and then after a few years only be worth less then its cover price?

i had the original rai, XO Manowar, Ninjak Solar, etc... the only one that was not too bad reading material was the Ninjak, the cover was beautiful but once again come back to a few months back as i checked the value on ALL of them. they weren't worth jack.

If you had Rai 3 through 5, X-O Manowar 1 or 4, or Solar 10... you'd have more than jack.

My guess is... you don't. :foryou:

Ninjak was far too late to be part of the "crazy prices" that Valiant went for in the '90s.

By the time Ninjak came along, the Valiant books they were producing were already on their way down.

Sounds like you never read the actual "good stuff". Could be a fun thing to check out now since you missed it the first time. hm

... and a lot of guys who have read the first two years of "old" Valiant and the first two years of "new" Valiant are pretty satisfied with both. (thumbs u

... and a lot of guys who have read the first two years of "old" Valiant and the first two years of "new" Valiant are pretty satisfied with both. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Not all of us. :sumo:lol

(thumbs u

You haven't actually read the first two years if you quit. :foryou:

Would be way more interested at the 2.99 price point. I love Kindt and Lemire, however I'd rather buy their creator owned work. I would honestly like to be excited but that price point kills it for me.

If it makes a difference, the new Ninjak will have an extra 8-page backup story for no additional cost.

(thumbs u

I did not need to stick around that long on all of the titles...... :sorry:

I really hope some of the new books stick. I think Ivar/Timewalker can be a cool series of minis, but not sure about an ongoing. If EW can't stick for the long haul then it may be tough for Timewalker as well.

In any case, I wish Valiant well with all of the new releases. I may snag a few TPBs at the year end 50% off sale at my LCS.

Would be way more interested at the 2.99 price point. I love Kindt and Lemire, however I'd rather buy their creator owned work. I would honestly like to be excited but that price point kills it for me.

If it makes a difference, the new Ninjak will have an extra 8-page backup story for no additional cost.

I don't like the use of backup stories to justify cost. DC infuriated me with those "B" stories of characters that couldn't support their own series with "D" talent.

Valiant delivered on many promises, but failed in enough of them to make the 3.99 price point a deal breaker. Enjoyed Harbinger and X-O manowar for quite a run, and Rai looked excellent. Looks like I'll be waiting for comixology 99cent sales for these series.

(thumbs u

I did not need to stick around that long on all of the titles...... :sorry:

I really hope some of the new books stick. I think Ivar/Timewalker can be a cool series of minis, but not sure about an ongoing. If EW can't stick for the long haul then it may be tough for Timewalker as well.

In any case, I wish Valiant well with all of the new releases. I may snag a few TPBs at the year end 50% off sale at my LCS.

Fred Van Lente's run on Archer & Armstrong was awesome, and he's handling the writing chores on Timewalker. I can't imagine it being anything less than great.

The things that tend to blow up are the books that are under the radar of speculators, no? Since there's not a pile of books waiting to be sold, the only available copies tend to be individual books that are in the collections of people that decide to get rid of them.

I don't like the use of backup stories to justify cost. DC infuriated me with those "B" stories of characters that couldn't support their own series with "D" talent.

Valiant delivered on many promises, but failed in enough of them to make the 3.99 price point a deal breaker. Enjoyed Harbinger and X-O manowar for quite a run, and Rai looked excellent. Looks like I'll be waiting for comixology 99cent sales for these series.

Or you can wait for the next Hubble Bubble deal and pick them up for $0.10 each. :)