• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unbiased Daredevil Movie Poll

Unbiased Daredevil Movie Poll!  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Unbiased Daredevil Movie Poll!

28 posts in this topic

That's pretty well where I thought it would be, and word-of-mouth is horrible on this movie (water cooler conversations slamming it) and I haven't met anyone outside of the comic's enclave that thinks it's a good or great movie.

Plus, the flick pulled in heavy ad-based ticket sales of $45 for the opening weekend, and it's gross up to the end of this week is just above $50 million.

Even during the weekdays, a million or so a day "first week sales" is dead dog-city, and we might be buying the DVD in a few weeks. grin.gif

>>Naaaawww, now the captain america and punisher movies...... THOSE movies were bad, horrible, unwatchable tripe! lol

When you compare them relative to the budget and talent involved, Daredevil is in many ways a lot more disappointing. I really can't imagine making a worse super-hero movie for $80+ million.

Wow, looks like the pro-movie camp now outnumbers the anti-movie camp 2 to 1 in the, uh, unbiased poll, just like in the allegedly biased poll. Also, the box office figures for the weekend are in and DD held the top spot for the 2nd week in a row...not bad! With Hulk and X-men coming up, it'll be interesting to see what the 2-summer numbers are for comic book movies holding the top spot at the box office. smile.gif

>>Also, the box office figures for the weekend are in and DD held the top spot for the 2nd week in a row...not bad!

It also dropped more than 50% from its first week, meaning it may not break 100 million and is certain to fall below $150 million. Huge disappointment for an $80-$85 million movie with $45 million+ in ad budget. That's $130 million to make up right off the top, taking into account that theatres take a nice chunk of overall receipts.

Then again, the box office receipts are only valid if you take the overall costs into account, and by that comparison, that "Lose a Guy in 10 Days" flick is a huge success compared to DD.

Wow, looks like the pro-movie camp now outnumbers the anti-movie camp 2 to 1

If you count the "average" ratings in the anti-movie camp, the ratio is more like 1 to 1, which is where most of the other Internet fan polls are running.

It really doesn't matter to me what the poll says...all it does is show me how many people on the poll have discriminating tastes and who, uh, doesn't...!

Gene