• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unbiased Daredevil Movie Poll

Unbiased Daredevil Movie Poll!  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Unbiased Daredevil Movie Poll!

28 posts in this topic

If you count the "average" ratings in the anti-movie camp, the ratio is more like 1 to 1

Yeah, but if you count the "average", "didn't like it", and "hated it" count in the pro-movie cap, it's a unanimous blockbuster! wink.gif I think we need a poll rating all the superhero comic book movies to see where DD falls, but I'm not sure how to do a poll where you rate your top 2-3-4 etc..? confused.gif

Update - the CBG Daredevil review issue just came out and it's official - the movie was ok, many liked it, but others did not. wink.gif Not sure how I became the DD movie advocate as I never really was into DD other than the Miller run (maybe that's why I enjoyed the flick?), and personally I voted that the movie was "fun to watch."

With that said, I resign my movie advocate title and will henceforth save my blind optimism for the Hulk movie...I may need it!!

Although The Hulk might not be a true super-hero movie, I have way more faith in a talented director like Ang Lee turning in an enjoyable movie, than the hack that wrote and directed (and ruined) Dulldevil.

Update - the CBG Daredevil review issue just came out and it's official - the movie was ok, many liked it, but others did not.

I guess that's one way to interpret a review whose title was "OFF THE MARK?"...you'll pardon me if I take that comment at face value instead of your re-interpretation!! wink.gifgrin.gif

It seems the best the CBG writer could say about the movie was "While many reviews are reminiscent to those for 1997's Batman and Robin, they are not all negative." A backhanded compliment if I ever heard one!! The article goes on to cite 5 external reviews: 3 negative, 1 lukewarm and 1 positive. ooo.gif

I think I'll side with Entertainment Weekly's assessment, cited in the CBG review: "Daredevil is the sort of half-ed, visually lackadaiscial potboiler that makes you rue the day that comic-book franchises ever took over Hollywood." ooo.gifooo.gifooo.gif

Gene