• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #45

17 posts in this topic

Ugh! That bottom left corner piece fell off as I was removing the book from the mylar. The next page, the first interior page, has a mirror tear to that corner piece (so it's not chipping). Date stamp on front cover. Strong colors. Tanning on back cover and on interior pages, which are C to OW. Staples clean and intact. Some cover creasing that doesn't break color.

As always, your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!

GLjkBXM.jpg

EYiqWAP.jpg

Mailed it off over the weekend. I'll post results. Seller was standoffish about taking it back not in the same condition, which is disappointing as removing a book from its sleeve shouldn't disqualify a return, but he cut me a deal on another book. Will see how it does and post back.

My advice: avoid books with tanning around the edges: low grade, high grade, it does not matter – they are delicate and there is always the danger of pieces coming off, especially if you read them like I do.

Good advice, thanks! (thumbs u

This pretty much changed my collecting habits. There are kinds of tanning which are not signs of this, but in many cases tanning denotes paper degradation, and thus, even if not brittle, the paper is very delicate. I think this should be treated as a defect (for both lower and higher grade books), and that they should be graded accordingly… :shrug: