• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Controversy over my Rom #1 Signature

11 posts in this topic

I had my ROM #1 signed this past July by Joe Rubinstein whom did the cover with Frank Miller. We talked about the cover & the idea process of turning a stupid looking toy into a comic book character. And I've seen him again this past September in Houston to sign another ROM #1 for my personal collection. So I get mine back today from CGC and in the notes section it only states as Frank Miller as cover artist. I called CGC and the nice lady said that the graders was at NYCC and wouldn't be able to discuss till they get back on Tuesday but she said there was some kind of "controversy" about cover artist section in the notes. That it went back & forth among the graders. Does anyone know what could it be? I

The controversy might have been over whether any of the graders had actually read an issue of Rom.

I had my ROM #1 signed this past July by Joe Rubinstein whom did the cover with Frank Miller. We talked about the cover & the idea process of turning a stupid looking toy into a comic book character. And I've seen him again this past September in Houston to sign another ROM #1 for my personal collection. So I get mine back today from CGC and in the notes section it only states as Frank Miller as cover artist. I called CGC and the nice lady said that the graders was at NYCC and wouldn't be able to discuss till they get back on Tuesday but she said there was some kind of "controversy" about cover artist section in the notes. That it went back & forth among the graders. Does anyone know what could it be? I

What is the controversy? There are many situations where not all of the credited artists (especially if they did layouts or inks only) are listed in the notes. GCD confirms that Rubinstein inked Miller on the cover.

well, I called the other day and talked to the senior grader & he said that actually called Joe and he confirmed that he inked most of Frank Miller's covers and ROM #1 was one of them. Told me to ship my comic back and they would put in the notes section of my book at no charge. Ahh, the relief.

At least they got Miller on the label. Here's one I had signed by Ken Bald who did the cover and most likely some interior art. I never dreamed he wouldn't be listed one the label. CGC's database isn't comprehensive by any means and they will update if you ask most of the time, I believe.

2112131430181.jpg

He is at least noted on this one -

2112131431111.jpg