• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Close

61 posts in this topic

Yes I'm that seller. Emezy was actually with me for the show. I literally did not get more than 3 books. I sold 2 already at the show. He can vouch for me. The ones I had I ebay I presold. I refunded by saturday/sunday in hopes of getting at least 2 to sell. My dealer is asking a favor of me to sell these here. I'm an honest guy and rarely sell. I worked law enforcement for a few years and got injured on the job. If you want to talk mess about me and think what you want, go ahead. I'm as honest as they come and I go to sleep knowing that. Its a comic book that's for sale. That's all.

I guess I'll just keep them on eBay and take them down from here. Sorry for posting in here....

If you were an honest seller then buy the copies from your dealer friend and honor the presales. Even if you take a loss it's the "honorable" thing to do! I mean you sold them at the show before fulfilling your presales. Everyone knew these were hard to get...so you decided to make a quick profit and then cancel your ebay presales.

So you want me to cover a 130 loss 5 times? Yeah Okay bud. Everyone is a hero behind the keyboard. I love people like you. Run your mouth all day behind a computer. Anyway. Check the listing date on the pre-order and when they sold. I sold them before anything was even sold on ebay. They were listed the day image posted them on the site as a pre-order. I offered it as all other sellers do. Plain and simple.

How is it a $130 loss x5. You had 3 copies...thus 3 of the presales could have been honored. Take the profit and buy the other 2 from your "friend" and honor the last 2 presales...yes you might have taken a slight loss but you don't end up looking like a D-bag ebay seller!

I've sold many things as a loss when I could have racked up the profit margins.

I won't get into an argument with you...I've dealt with you before and sold you things from ECCC at the honored prices. I could have jacked the prices up but I'm not that kind of guy...to each his own.

All I know is I will not ever deal with a seller with your morals...all you care about is making money and screwing people over. I understand making a profit but what you did was pretty crappy.

Everyone loves to complain about ebay buyers being scammers, etc...well here's a prime example of a seller being just that!

Best of luck on your sales! Hope you make tons of money x5!

Basic math man. The books were out of my possession BEFORE THE PRE-SALE SOLD. I pre-sold 5 on ebay at 50 late Thursday after the books were gone. If i were to buy 5 at his asking price of 180(130 difference from the 50 pre-sale price) that's a 130 loss per book man. There is no scam here. No profit. I actually sold the books for way under the prices its selling for too so what are you even talking about? I have no problem admitting fault in pre-selling the book but there is no "scam" that everyone so loosely uses nowadays. Look at the mess I've sold (yeah hardly ever for "profits"). I buy books for myself and maybe sell 1 book out of 100 that I buy. I do this stuff as a hobby. As I do appreciate you helping me out in the past but there is absolutely no reason for you to assume things in the situation you know literally nothing about. You read something about something that someone on the internet posted. Cool story. A valid reason and answer was provided to ever buyer of the pre-sale including Kapzilla, a well known member here. Get the facts together before you come to any conclusions. And this is not arguing with someone sitting behind a computer screen. This is 2 adults talking about a situation one has nothing to do with. There is no reason for me to even be explaining any of this to you, but I will fight for my name and that's the only reason. On top of all of this I am not making any money haha. That's the best part.

Sounds like your "error" was not pulling the pre-sale from E-Bay before going to the Con or cancelling to sale via your cell phone as soon as you saw the books were not available at the $50 price. But if you sold 5 books at $50 then it should have been your goal to get 5 books for those people.

You're absolutely right about the presale. Honestly when I was at the con, I wasnt thinking about taking it down because I figured I would get them the next day or the next day and then Sunday. But days ran out as everyone then "found out" about the book and exhibitors killed the line every day. I did sell the books to some guys at the show who said they were on the boards. They were "regular" guys not "well known" like some on here.

You're absolutely right about the presale. Honestly when I was at the con, I wasnt thinking about taking it down because I figured I would get them the next day or the next day and then Sunday. But days ran out as everyone then "found out" about the book and exhibitors killed the line every day. I did sell the books to some guys at the show who said they were on the boards. They were "regular" guys not "well known" like some on here.

So you sold the books to boardies at the show instead of honouring your pre-sale?

So you sold the books to boardies at the show instead of honouring your pre-sale?

Sounds like he sold the books at the con on Thursday and then had 5 people buy the book via the pre-sale he left up on E-Bay Thursday night. I'm sure no one was buying the book for the $50 price tag until they saw they could flip it for double the price and then they jumped on the "deal" as quick as they could. Tough spot to be in. Do you go buy books over the weekend for double the $50 and lose $250 on the deal since you forgot to take the "pre-sale" down off of E-Bay? Not much of a pre-sale when the book is available to the public.

Granted the info I posted was not my pre-sale...the seller did not cancel the auction until Monday.

Case opened: Monday, Oct 13, 2014 06:18:08 PDT

Again...something fishy is going on here. The auction ended on Friday morning 6 am PT but yet wasn't canceled until Monday morning 6 am.

I don't know about the other 4 presales but if you're selling to other boardies at the con without honoring the presales it's a DB move!