• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welcome to the Global Shipping Program: More eBay Drank My Milkshake

82 posts in this topic

I have just found another problem with the GSP.

I made a stupid bid and bought a book that only shipped through GSP.

I was annoyed with myself, but thought I should honour my bid so I paid for the book.

But somewhere in the GSP shipping process my purchase got tagged with the wrong tracking barcode, and the barcode for my purchase got put on a different parcel. It seems that once bar coded the address on the package gets ignored..

So I received an item I did not order (addressed to someone who lives 200 miles away) rather than the one I did order, and ebays tracking shows that I received the item I ordered, thanks to the incorrect tracking barcode.

Because I have "received" the item I cannot open a claim... Only return the item I do not have for a refund.

So far I have spent over two hours on the phone to ebay being shunted round in circles, with the helpline people being either too stupid to understand what has happened, or simply being unhelpful.

So it seem in this case the GSP has shifted all responsibility to the buyer as I seem to be in an unwinnable situation.

Yet another reason why the GSP should be avoided by all buyers.

In addition to the (probably) illegal import duties they charge