• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saga of the Swamp Thing 21 club - best comic of the early 80s!

49 posts in this topic

I got this book in a trade when I was 12 - I think it was already worth $25 or so at the time, and it was one of the best comics I'd ever read. Still is! Copper age perfection! :cloud9: This has got to be the greatest copper age comic book that can still be found for under 20 bucks. But for how long? Let's see your copies of this incredible comic.

I didn't want to blow XX,000 on a page if I could find one to show my appreciation for the book, so I turned instead to the Temple of Cal, which advised me that a purple suit and multiple copies of the book would show me the path to enlightenment. :wishluck: Still working on the purple suit :whistle:

st21_zps83a0fabd.jpg

Now that's a picture of perfection. One of the greatest reads, ever. I've been wanting a Bissette/ Totleben signed 9.8 copy, but because of your thread this books gonna sky rocket and I'll never get one at a decent price! :grin:

It is criminally underappreciated.

It is one of the finest tales ever crafted. Every page is a banquet for the eyes, and it is a master class on how to change everything, without changing a thing.

It is, arguably, the greatest single issue that Alan Moore ever wrote...and that includes Killing Joke, MM #15, etc.

It is one of the finest tales ever crafted. Every page is a banquet for the eyes, and it is a master class on how to change everything, without changing a thing.

It is, arguably, the greatest single issue that Alan Moore ever wrote...and that includes Killing Joke, MM #15, etc.

Could not agree more.

I got this book in a trade when I was 12 - I think it was already worth $25 or so at the time, and it was one of the best comics I'd ever read. Still is! Copper age perfection! :cloud9: This has got to be the greatest copper age comic book that can still be found for under 20 bucks. But for how long? Let's see your copies of this incredible comic.

I didn't want to blow XX,000 on a page if I could find one to show my appreciation for the book, so I turned instead to the Temple of Cal, which advised me that a purple suit and multiple copies of the book would show me the path to enlightenment. :wishluck: Still working on the purple suit :whistle:

st21_zps83a0fabd.jpg

No wonder why this series inspired Neil Gaiman to make the jump into the comic book industry. The run I value more than any other Big Two series that had me showing up regularly at my local Army base comic book store.

What a wonderful pile of greatness!

(worship)

Absolutely.

Unofficially the "first Vertigo comic".

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Absolutely.

Unofficially the "first Vertigo comic".

amen brother (worship)

#TT