• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warner Bros. Investor Meeting: Future movie titles confirmed...

50 posts in this topic

DC Entertainment has more TV shows planned for next year. At least 10 movies 2016 with Batman vs. Superman, and Suicide Squad (in discussions with four A-list stars). 2017 to have Wonder Woman and Justice League Part 1, directed by Zach Snyder. In 2018, The Flash and Aquaman. In 2019, Shazam with Duane Johnson and Justice League 2. And 2020 has Cyborg and Green Lantern.

Holy cow. I wonder if we will see further movement in prices for Showcase 4 and BB28 and BB25, etc.

From CBR's web site: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56322&utm_campaign=warner-bros-announces-upcoming-dc-film-slate-through-2020&utm_medium=email&utm_source=breaking_bulletin

The full descriptions of films, via press release from Warner Bros., is below.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)

“Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)

“Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)

“Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

“The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)

“Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)

“Shazam” (2019)

“Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)

“Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)

“Green Lantern” (2020)

Having a movie line decided by an investor meeting doesn't sound very promising at this point, especially if DC is trying to catch a runaway Marvel movie machine. Her's hoping by 2020 they've knocked it out of the park.

Having a movie line decided by an investor meeting doesn't sound very promising at this point, especially if DC is trying to catch a runaway Marvel movie machine. Here's hoping by 2020 they've knocked it out of the park.

:wishluck:

Having a movie line decided by an investor meeting doesn't sound very promising at this point, especially if DC is trying to catch a runaway Marvel movie machine. Her's hoping by 2020 they've knocked it out of the park.

Yeah this news story screams of, "Please don't give up on us yet..."

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy but this would have been a much more impressive announcement if they'd already put out a quality crossover film and built on that so that they could move from one strength to another. Trying to leapfrog off of a few solo movies (a few which weren't great at all) really is a reach IMO.

And losing Christopher Nolan is a big loss. He puts out monster films that are always larger than expected.

I thought 300 and Watchmen were terrific but those movies were already based on existing, extremely succesful print stories. He did a terrific job of transferring them to film but was not as impressive with a fresh -script. DC is hanging a lot of respinsibility on Snyder right now. I hope he flourishes.

What DC needs to do is think about a good movie now, not a dozen mediocre ones later.

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy but this would have been a much more impressive announcement if they'd already put out a quality crossover film and built on that so that they could move from one strength to another. Trying to leapfrog off of a few solo movies (a few which weren't great at all) really is a reach IMO.

And losing Christopher Nolan is a big loss. He puts out monster films that are always larger than expected.

I thought 300 and Watchmen were terrific but those movies were already based on existing, extremely succesful print stories. He did a terrific job of transferring them to film but was not as impressive with a fresh -script. DC is hanging a lot of respinsibility on Snyder right now. I hope he flourishes.

What DC needs to do is think about a good movie now, not a dozen mediocre ones later.

Snyder will always be aces in my book for giving us that excellent Dawn of the Dead remake. :cloud9: