• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED Wolverine,Deadpool,Harley Quinn,Wytches

133 posts in this topic

hey guys. just a quick question. i'm still relatively new to this board so i want to know what the proper way to do stuff so i know what to do next time. I saw the booster gold 1 comic yesterday and wanted it. However, no condition or scan was listed. I had no idea if it was a NM or a GD condition.The post said that scans would be up the next day. So what i did was PM the seller. Next morning i wake up and Seller politely informed me that it was sold.

i went to the listing and saw someone posted "I'll take it pending scan".

I also saw in another listing someone post "i'll take it if NM" when a grade was not listed. i think it was for some x force #2 comics when no grade was given.

is this standard practice? i think this is kinda unfair to do this. but if it is proper i will shut my mouth and accept it and do it myself next time.

here, there seller listed like 50+ books most with no conditions. Some people decided to just say I'll take it (ie legends 3) without waiting for the scan and condition. I get this, they liked the price and they wanted the comic without regards to what the condition was. Legends #3 i got on ebay for $28 dollars so seeing it at $12 was a steal and they didn't want to chance it waiting the next day so they committed to the sale.

However, when you say "I'll take it pending scan", you block off all other buyers and haven't committed to anything.

here, there were 50 comics listed and most didn't have a grade, is it proper to write "i'll take them all if 9.6-9.8 grade". Is this proper? if so i will do it next time.

The same thing happened with the batman adventures 12 because who wouldn't want it at the price listed if it was a high grade.

if this is common practice to do this, i will do this in the future too.

Once again. i don't want to start an argument. just want to know what to do next time.

hey guys. just a quick question. i'm still relatively new to this board so i want to know what the proper way to do stuff so i know what to do next time. I saw the booster gold 1 comic yesterday and wanted it. However, no condition or scan was listed. I had no idea if it was a NM or a GD condition.The post said that scans would be up the next day. So what i did was PM the seller. Next morning i wake up and Seller politely informed me that it was sold.

i went to the listing and saw someone posted "I'll take it pending scan".

I also saw in another listing someone post "i'll take it if NM" when a grade was not listed. i think it was for some x force #2 comics when no grade was given.

is this standard practice? i think this is kinda unfair to do this. but if it is proper i will shut my mouth and accept it and do it myself next time.

here, there seller listed like 50+ books most with no conditions. Some people decided to just say I'll take it (ie legends 3) without waiting for the scan and condition. I get this, they liked the price and they wanted the comic without regards to what the condition was. Legends #3 i got on ebay for $28 dollars so seeing it at $12 was a steal and they didn't want to chance it waiting the next day so they committed to the sale.

However, when you say "I'll take it pending scan", you block off all other buyers and haven't committed to anything.

here, there were 50 comics listed and most didn't have a grade, is it proper to write "i'll take them all if 9.6-9.8 grade". Is this proper? if so i will do it next time.

The same thing happened with the batman adventures 12 because who wouldn't want it at the price listed if it was a high grade.

if this is common practice to do this, i will do this in the future too.

Once again. i don't want to start an argument. just want to know what to do next time.

I see you are relatively new, so first I will say Welcome to the Boards. Hope you like it here, and make sure and look around the site. Selling/buying is only a small part of what the boards have to offer. It is a great place.

Now on to your questions. While I totally get what you are asking, posting it in someones sales thread is considered inappropriate on the boards and considered threadcrapping to many on here. To find an answer to your questions, you need to ask it in the General Discussion area of the sales thread. It is located in the threads below the different sales categories. In this thread, you can see in his rules that first unconditional take it beats all. That means if I post :takeit: it trumps someone posting :takeit: pending whatever.....

lol

A part of me is actually glad when you beat me so that I will stop buying stuff I don't need but think looks cool. Im such an impulse buyer sometimes. doh! The only comics I ever sell are the ones that I buy for absolutely no reason and then later realize I have nothing to do with. lol