• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

opinions needed on pre-signed book

5 posts in this topic

I was going through my collection for high grade to submit and one of the best candidates is Strange Adventures #205, the first appearance of Deadman. The thing is in checking it out I rediscovered (had forgotten) that it was signed by Infantino and Arnold Drake on the first page of the story. This was probably from San Diego 2001 or 2002 (or whichever year I got Drake to do a drawing of Deadman). Are books that are already signed noted when slabbed (I'm thinking of "non-authenticated signatures" or some such) and what would you do with a book like this? I assume it would be better if they were on the cover but so often those end up too big so that's probably why I got them on the inside.

You could have it graded as a universal w grade drop for sig

Or green label noting unwitnessed sig

Or leave as is

What you should do probably depends on condition of comic and your intentions with the comic

You could have it graded as a universal w grade drop for sig

Or green label noting unwitnessed sig

Or leave as is

What you should do probably depends on condition of comic and your intentions with the comic

The OP's book is signed on the interior - if slabbed, it would come back in a blue label with a minimal impact on the grade from the unverified sigs.

I have 2 books with this that came back blue label and a note saying "Todd MacFarlane" written on interior page. The other book being the same but Chris Claremont.

Yeah, that's how interior sigs are handled :thumbsup: