• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Underground Comix-Ask Eggs

33 posts in this topic

Howard, good to see you posting again, it seems to have been awhile.

Any news to share about the Haight-Ashbury pedigree? (This gorgeous book needs to be moved to a sales thread).

I still own all of them & have to get my act together soon. Had some health issues this year but that is all behind me now.

Any news to share about the Haight-Ashbury pedigree?

I still own all of them & have to get my act together soon. Had some health issues this year but that is all behind me now.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Thanks,. I appreciate that.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

It had very limited distribution and was published in conjunction with rock concerts. I have been told that most copies were trashed. There was a recent find of them that yielded several high grade copies.

As it has early Crumb art in it, it is in high demand.

Glad to hear you are doing better.

My question for today.

Why is Tales from the Ozone #1 so scarce?

Yes, the CGC 8.5 which was moved to Ebay.

I have a CGC 9.0 that is signed by Crumb I am thinking of selling here.

Howard,

Glad you're better. I always love your sale's threads. Did you see the 1st Print Zap Comix #1 that was for sale on here a few days ago?

What is the best collection to read Crumb's early stuff? I've seen a collection on Amazon, but the reviews are mixed. They say that it collects his really early stuff that can be a bore to read. Is that true?

I've been looking around so any help would be great!

Here is what is in my Amazon wish list:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1606995588/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_4?colid=27HF8KWKAIXJ3&coliid=I146GKWEMDMZNH

The Complete Crumb series is pretty much in chronological order, so Volume 1 is where you would start for his earliest work. His best known comic book works are in later issues. My favorites are Volumes 3 through 6. In my opinion, if money is to be spent, I would go with the original comics unless you can get the compilation books cheap enough. I recommend obtaining a copy of Zap #1, a 3rd print in decent shape can be bought for under $30, later prints much cheaper.

What is the best collection to read Crumb's early stuff? I've seen a collection on Amazon, but the reviews are mixed. They say that it collects his really early stuff that can be a bore to read. Is that true?

I've been looking around so any help would be great!

Here is what is in my Amazon wish list:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1606995588/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_4?colid=27HF8KWKAIXJ3&coliid=I146GKWEMDMZNH