• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northland Hulk 1

105 posts in this topic

By "Ohio" I meant "Bethlehem." foreheadslap.gif I was looking at the raw Ohios in the "Post your newest pedigree" thread earlier and had Ohio on the brain when I wrote this. screwy.gif

Aside from the previously mentioned Ohio copy, there is at least one other 9.2 out there. It's pictured in the 9.2 section of the Overstreet Grading Guide at page 180.

So the Northland Hulk 1 apparently sold immediately after it was listed on Comiclink. For a price 30,000 dollars higher than the same-grade Bethlehem copy. Hulk 1

So... the question.. do we think the sale is real or an attempt at artifically inflating the price?

Brian

Isn't this Doug's copy, that he had listed in the Vault for $100K? Was there some sort of reconciliation between him and Josh, and was selling the IH 1 on Comiclink part of the deal?

I'm tired of seeing bogeymen behind every bush, so I'm going to assume it's for real. Anyways, a mind-blowing price, but this has got to be the rarest major Marvel key in high grade, so I guess it was worth it to somebody. Boy, won't the buyer be bummed when a second 9.4 copy of IH 1 appears?

By "Ohio" I meant "Bethlehem." foreheadslap.gif I was looking at the raw Ohios in the "Post your newest pedigree" thread earlier and had Ohio on the brain when I wrote this. screwy.gif

I did the same thing yesterday. I confused someone by telling them I had the 1st two pages to ASM 65 when I meant to say Spectacular Spider-Man, I'm just so used to talking about Amazing that I wrote down ASM quick. foreheadslap.gif

Just to give an update, this Northland copy was the one Doug (PedigreeComics) traded for $75,000. He did not show the sale on his site, nor take the book down from his VAULT, because the seller wanted to leave the book available for the asking price of $100,000.

...which makes it odd that he then sold it through Comiclink.... well, not odd as in something fishy, but odd in that Im sure Doug would have loved to sell the book rather than Josh getting the sale. uncomfortable may be a better word...

...which makes it odd that he then sold it through Comiclink.... well, not odd as in something fishy, but odd in that Im sure Doug would have loved to sell the book rather than Josh getting the sale. uncomfortable may be a better word...

Of course Doug would have like to have resold the book.

That said, realize that Doug and Josh and many other dealers, don't just put books on their site and WAIT for a BUYER.

They are working the phones, talking to other collectors and maybe even working a trade (or purchases) to sell these very expensive books.

It's not as easy as putting a book up for sale, watching it sell and collecting the commission.. gossip.gif