• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with different printings of The Dark Knight Returns

6 posts in this topic

Can anyone redirect me or show me photo examples of the different printings of TDKR #1?

I almost bought a full set today but backed out because I wasn't 100% positive. I heard about the interior being a different shade of grey makes it a 2nd print but in the heat of the moment I wasn't able to tell.

I'd use the search feature but it's a nightmare to try and use.

Google Links....

Also, I think the other day RMA posted something about the spine being different. I haven't found it yet.

I think he said on the cover over by the spine on the first printings, it's smooth. On the later printings you have that crease line.

Please Note: I may be wrong about this, as I don't remember exactly what he said. But it was fairly recent (last couple weeks?).

Hopefully, he'll click on this and clarify it for you.

Google Links....

Also, I think the other day RMA posted something about the spine being different. I haven't found it yet.

I think he said on the cover over by the spine on the first printings, it's smooth. On the later printings you have that crease line.

Please Note: I may be wrong about this, as I don't remember exactly what he said. But it was fairly recent (last couple weeks?).

Hopefully, he'll click on this and clarify it for you.

Yes.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8115154

The #1 can be told by the hinge...if there's a hinge, it's a second or third. Also, the inside front cover lists second or third.

The #2 is tricky...there's no notice for the second. However...if you compare the inside front cover with the first page, and they are both the same relative shades of grey, it is a first print. If it is a second print, the grey will be OBVIOUSLY different.

The others are all marked.

The #1 can be told by the hinge...if there's a hinge, it's a second or third. Also, the inside front cover lists second or third.

The #2 is tricky...there's no notice for the second. However...if you compare the inside front cover with the first page, and they are both the same relative shades of grey, it is a first print. If it is a second print, the grey will be OBVIOUSLY different.

Ah okay thanks a lot. I'll go back and double check and look for that. Won't there be some 1st prints that still have that hinge if they've been well read? I thought it was just a crease from opening up the book.

The #2 I looked at for sure had the same color grey on the interior. What if the #1 has two different shades of grey on the interior front and first page?

Ah okay thanks a lot. I'll go back and double check and look for that. Won't there be some 1st prints that still have that hinge if they've been well read? I thought it was just a crease from opening up the book.

No. A hinge is a manufactured part of the book. not a crease.

The #2 I looked at for sure had the same color grey on the interior. What if the #1 has two different shades of grey on the interior front and first page?

The #1s are all marked.