• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Overview Of The Current State Of DC Comics On Their 70th Birthday.

85 posts in this topic

Oh Metarog. You would SO enjoy JSA Strange Adventures.

I probably would... I have seen the preview pages on Mile High and have read some of the reviews. Unfortunately material like this is probably not a big seller so more nostalgic series like these are probably few and far between. I will probably pick up the series after it is over on an E-bay auction.

Have I missed anything else in the past 15 years that would do justice to those great comics I mentioned? BTW, I also really enjoyed the Atomic Knights and Star Rovers series reprinted in Strange Adventures. Anybody remember those? Lots of far-fetched fun!

I probably would... I have seen the preview pages on Mile High and have read some of the reviews. Unfortunately material like this is probably not a big seller so more nostalgic series like these are probably few and far between. I will probably pick up the series after it is over on an E-bay auction.

Have I missed anything else in the past 15 years that would do justice to those great comics I mentioned?

If more of us who cared bought JSA Strange Adventures as it came out, rather than wait to pick it up cheaper, then DC might consider doing more.

A lot of people liked DC The New Frontier. It was nostalgic but felt much more like a modern take on the past than anything authentic, unlike JSA SA.

But the current theme in the JSA itself is very interesting because it has the current JSA travelling back in time to the 1950s at the time of the Un-American Senate hearings, to meet the Golden Age members.