• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's up with the (EDITED) number if auctions in the buy it section?

58 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has come up before, but what is the deal with the redictulous (ridiculous - boom, spelling success) number of auctions going on right now? One or two kind of make the experience fun, but feels like every third thread is an auction, and several have a ridiculous starting ask and huge bin $.

Has CGC just become the new ebay without the fee? I say, let CGC charge for auction fees if that's what this site is becoming... I know this has been said before, but trying to scr3w fellow collectors (I get it- it's not screwing someone if they're bidding, see my note below) over is beyond me... I get the 'movie' related jumps (I've fallen into that hole myself) but the action trend in every thread bugs the he(( out of me.

(CHANGED SO THE TOPIC IS FOCUSE ON MY COMMENT BELOW - I get that it's not scr3wing anyone)

*end rant*

how is an auction "scr3wing" anyone over? this is a legit question I'm not sure what I'm missing here

Ok, good point, don't bid if you don't want in... I guess my point is that a) the abundance of auctions is annoying. b) half of them just take up real estate and keep getting bumped up because no one bids on the high initial bid. It's more of a real estate frustration than scr3wing of boardies... That said, I like buying here because of the trust I've established here, and because I usually get threads with fairly priced books I can buy now. I just don't get the trend.

...has a redictulous staring ask, and an uncontainable bin fee.

Bit early for the bourbon, surely? (shrug)

I want one of whatever he's having

I honestly don't remember what I was trying to type here. Kids got me up early, I was typing quickly, and spellcheck on my iPad changed the words... Point is they have a high starting fee and a realllllly high bin... I'm more bugged by the abundance of auctions...

I'm assuming for a good percentage of the board we are not monitoring the selling forum continuously, so when a desirable book comes up for 24 hr auction there is an opportunity to bid.

If you have been searching for a particular book to fill a hole in your collection, and you want it bad enough, you can pay the BIN. Just one persons opinion. :foryou:

I get that... But why all of the auctions lately? There are a ton of them recently.

because theres a better chance of the book selling within your timeframe? A Set price of a book could sit for a week or two..with an auction its pretty much guaranteed sold in 24hrs or so as long as one person bids

I don't think of it as screwing people over. I think of it as holding a book for ransom. And if you ever want to see it again. you better give me what I am asking.

Also known as the business side of collecting.

ARGHHHHH OK. IVE SAID THAT I GET THIS.... I REDACTED IT... COME ON.

...has a redictulous staring ask, and an uncontainable bin fee.

Bit early for the bourbon, surely? (shrug)

lol Redictulously early!

How else am I supposed to watch these momma's babies without Redictulous amounts of bourbon.