• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I was thinking about selling all my books..

29 posts in this topic

We've had this thread a dozen times, but I'll say it again.

Ask yourself what your goal is.

Is it selling quick?

Is it getting the most you can from the sales?

Is it somewhere in the middle? (typical answer)

Sell quick? Yeah a bulk sale to a dealer is the way to go. One fell swoop and everything is gone and you have a big chunk of change in your pocket with the least possible effort on your part.

But you definately got less than possible.

Wanna get as much as posisble, sure you can list every book individually and spend the next three years seeing books slowly trickle out in sales at the price you want.. you'll end up with the most $$ (maybe) but it will take a long time.

The best is to mix.

Have desirable books/slabs? Sell them individually (here!) for your asking price. The desirable books will be easiest sales and you'll have some money in hand relatively quickly.

Have runs of titles? Sell them as lots. You can either leave keys in the raw runs, or pull them. Runs seem to sell pretty well on ebay (if priced right) as there are buyers looking to buy reading lots (heck I did this all the time).

When you get down to the end, do what I did. Get a batch of priority boxes. Fill them up with books. Make sure its stuff worth reading/enjoying, sprinkle in some left over fun stuff or valuable stuff that hadnt sold yet and sell them off for the price of shipping. I LOVED passing along books, and people here really appreciated it. And the comic book Karma comes back your way in the future!

And then a year or so down the line you get right back into it again.

If you sell out,at least keep some of your core collection.The stuff that got you into collecting ever how long ago.Stuff you like to read.

I've been down the same road before and have always regreted selling out completely.There has been a few things gone I will never be able to replace.

If/when I go that route again I will keep the books I really like to read,maybe a long box full.Remember:comic books don't eat and you don't have to clean up after them.

Hey, everyone.. I was thinking about selling all my books, Just not sure if I want too, and If I do how I should do it... I wanted to sell them as a lot to just get rid of them but I'm still debuting... Hmm.. hm

GLWTD(ebut)

Hey, everyone.. I was thinking about selling all my books, Just not sure if I want too, and If I do how I should do it... I wanted to sell them as a lot to just get rid of them but I'm still debuting... Hmm.. hm

Is that like decoupaging?

Is it selling quick?

Sell quick? Yeah a bulk sale to a dealer is the way to go. One fell swoop and everything is gone and you have a big chunk of change in your pocket with the least possible effort on your part.

Wanna get as much as posisble, sure you can list every book individually and spend the next three years seeing books slowly trickle out in sales at the price you want.. you'll end up with the most $$ (maybe) but it will take a long time.

The best is to mix.

Have desirable books/slabs? Sell them individually (here!) for your asking price. The desirable books will be easiest sales and you'll have some money in hand relatively quickly.

Have runs of titles? Sell them as lots. You can either leave keys in the raw runs, or pull them. Runs seem to sell pretty well on ebay (if priced right) as there are buyers looking to buy reading lots (heck I did this all the time).

When you get down to the end, do what I did. Get a batch of priority boxes. Fill them up with books. Make sure its stuff worth reading/enjoying, sprinkle in some left over fun stuff or valuable stuff that hadnt sold yet and sell them off for the price of shipping. I LOVED passing along books, and people here really appreciated it. And the comic book Karma comes back your way in the future!

Dude you just make this your signature line.

Is that like decoupaging?

Don't worry about that

We've had this thread a dozen times, but I'll say it again.

Is it selling quick?

The best is to mix.

Great advice... So easy to build a collection while interest level is high with some money to spend. This is a good exit strategy - that I hopefully won't have to employ.

So it looks like I.have too sell a portion of my books guys if anyone is intrested check out the thread ill be putting up in a bit.. Its a mixture of all sorts..

Not interested in funny books anymore? (shrug)

I've been collecting for over 40 years,I can't imagine waking up and not having my collection.

So it looks like I.have too sell a portion of my books guys if anyone is intrested check out the thread ill be putting up in a bit.. Its a mixture of all sorts..

Not interested in funny books anymore? (shrug)

I've been collecting for over 40 years,I can't imagine waking up and not having my collection.

I was trying to find an heir for my collection and no one was interested. I asked my friend-I told him I had maybe 10-30K worth of books and OA. He said why dont you sell em and do something fun? I said no see I want to KEEP my books as long as I live I just want to be able to leave them to someone who can sell em or whatever.