• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I was thinking about selling all my books..

29 posts in this topic

So it looks like I.have too sell a portion of my books guys if anyone is intrested check out the thread ill be putting up in a bit.. Its a mixture of all sorts..

Not interested in funny books anymore? (shrug)

I've been collecting for over 40 years,I can't imagine waking up and not having my collection.

I still have books im just selling some of my better books. Just have some life stuff going on, which is why im selling ome of my books..

So it looks like I.have too sell a portion of my books guys if anyone is intrested check out the thread ill be putting up in a bit.. Its a mixture of all sorts..

I'm in the same boat. Basically, for almost two years, I'm getting tagged every month for a big unexpected expense. Root canals, veterinarian for dogs' allergies and GI problems, car accident, health issues, car repair, etc. I'm set-up to handle 3-4 of those a year, and 3-4 is more than I've ever had in a year prior. This year, I'm at 13, and I don't know what sorts of testing one of the docs is going to want to do. Last time I saw them, it was $900.

So, sold off some books (I got treated fairly). As much as I loved having them in my collection, when I woke up this morning, I knew it was the right decision, and I'm back where I need to be.

I'm going to take a few months off from making larger purchases, I'm going to clean up what I've got in the long boxes, and then I'm going to make a decision on the direction of my collection.

I think, in the long run, this will be a smart decision for me, even though selling those particular books was tough.

I'm in the same boat. Basically, for almost two years, I'm getting tagged every month for a big unexpected expense. Root canals, veterinarian for dogs' allergies and GI problems, car accident, health issues, car repair, etc. I'm set-up to handle 3-4 of those a year, and 3-4 is more than I've ever had in a year prior. This year, I'm at 13, and I don't know what sorts of testing one of the docs is going to want to do. Last time I saw them, it was $900.

So, sold off some books (I got treated fairly). As much as I loved having them in my collection, when I woke up this morning, I knew it was the right decision, and I'm back where I need to be.

I'm going to take a few months off from making larger purchases, I'm going to clean up what I've got in the long boxes, and then I'm going to make a decision on the direction of my collection.

I think, in the long run, this will be a smart decision for me, even though selling those particular books was tough.

Man sorry to hear that, Yeah at the moment I need a car pretty bad and I was also thinking of putting what I make Towards a car also.

Man sorry to hear that, Yeah at the moment I need a car pretty bad and I was also thinking of putting what I make Towards a car also.

It's ok. They're things. . . but case in point, just scheduled two appointments. One is in January. One is in February. Something every single month. December was already booked up.