• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Hero 6 Movie Review

88 posts in this topic

Big Hero 6 opened with an estimated $56.2 million to be the number one movie beating Nolan`s Interstellar at the box office! :o

Big Hero 6 number one at the box office!

I guess this the beginning of Baymax bubble! lol

Edit. As I did some research it looks like it beat the last Wolverine(2013) movie opening which was $53,113,752. Amazing!

My son and I saw it yesterday. He's easily scared -- he's a 6-year-old that is more into humor than violence -- and there were parts that he did not like.

I loved it.

We had to run immediately after the movie finished due to a need to pee from the kid, so I missed the Stan Lee bit after the credits.

Excellent movie, really well done. There were some heavy parts, and some little girls around me were crying, but still a very enjoyable movie. Baymax rules, Mr. Show alum Scott Adsit did a great job of bringing him to life. And the short before the film was adorable.

Much better use of a Sunday afternoon than cursing at my inept fantasy football team. :frustrated:

You have got to be kidding me.

BOX OFFICE REPORT: 'Dumb and Dumber To' beats 'Big Hero 6'

1. Dumb and Dumber To - $38.1 million

2. Big Hero 6 - $36 million

3. Interstellar - $29 million

4. Beyond the Lights - $6.5 million

5. Gone Girl - $4.6 million

In the end they will be talking about Big Hero 6 and Interstellar five to 20 years from now. Dumb and Dumber 2 is a one and done 3 day week-end wonder.

Wait, until next week with The Hunger Games:Mockingjay, Part 1.

Excellent movie, really well done. There were some heavy parts, and some little girls around me were crying, but still a very enjoyable movie. Baymax rules, Mr. Show alum Scott Adsit did a great job of bringing him to life. And the short before the film was adorable.

Much better use of a Sunday afternoon than cursing at my inept fantasy football team. :frustrated:

A new icon is born.

is Baymax the hottest toy this Christmas?

In the end they will be talking about Big Hero 6 and Interstellar five to 20 years from now. Dumb and Dumber 2 is a one and done 3 day week-end wonder.

we'll also be talking about how Big Hero 6 dusted ASM 2 at the domestic box office

we'll also be talking about how Big Hero 6 dusted ASM 2 at the domestic box office

I do agree with CC though that this is just a bump in the road for Big Hero 6. That movie has 'HIT' written all over it.

:applause:

I've always thought the first Dumb and Dumber was terribly overrated. As far as Farrelly bros films go, I'll take Kingpin, There's Something About Mary, Me, Myself & Irene, and even Shallow Hal over Dumb and Dumber. :sumo:

I will be the first to admit that Big Hero 6 was a better movie then ASM 2. :o

I liked them both, but Big Hero 6 is more at a Toy Story level. Who doesn`t like the Toy Story Trilogy? I see Big Hero 6 at least getting a sequel.

I've always thought the first Dumb and Dumber was terribly overrated. As far as Farrelly bros films go, I'll take Kingpin, There's Something About Mary, Me, Myself & Irene, and even Shallow Hal over Dumb and Dumber. :sumo:

I have a friend who swears Dumb and Dumber is the funniest movie ever. I will take There's Something About Mary over it any day.

I have a friend who swears Dumb and Dumber is the funniest movie ever. I will take There's Something About Mary over it any day.

Amen to that!

There are like five or six funny lines in Dumb and Dumber (to include the 'gas man' routine).

I did get a chance to stay at the Stanley Hotel where they filmed the 'Man on the Moon' scene. That place has some creepy parts to it.

:eek: