• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm pulling off the gloves! Please grade this Avengers #57 1st App The Vision!

100 posts in this topic

Another one I missed from January... frown.gif

Post the slabbed book with a guess the grade thread next time after you get them back!

poke2.gif

One, this wasn't a "Guess the grade thread". Two, I don't have the slabbed book back yet. And three, poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

I still can't believe you got a 9.2 on that. There's a very light, color breaking crease through Vision's left wrist all the way down through Hawkeye's right bicep (several inches long). You almost can't see it until you take the book out of the mylar, but it's there. foreheadslap.gif

You must be talking about Silver Surfer's 27_laughing.gif

What a bunch of friggin' cry-babies - even after your proven wrong, you still cry into mama's apron . . . take note fellow board members! acclaim.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif sour grapes 893naughty-thumb.gif

You got a gift grade, just accept it. Not sour grapes on my part, as I have a 9.4.

avengers57g.jpg

Nice label, but it's not about who's got what - that's where you miss the boat entirely . . . pathetic.

Face it, the moocow cannot grade - well, you did give it a 9.0 . . . How about "Nice job!" or "Way to go divad!"

It's not like you don't know how hard this really is to do. What was the last 35+year-old book you submitted that came back a 9.2? It's a lot more difficult than it looks.

893naughty-thumb.gif sour grapes 893naughty-thumb.gif

You got a gift grade, just accept it. Not sour grapes on my part, as I have a 9.4.

avengers57g.jpg

Nice label, but it's not about who's got what - that's where you miss the boat entirely . . . pathetic.

Face it, the moocow cannot grade sumo.gif

Where was your estimate of the grade? I didn't see you hazard a guess anywhere in this post. I was the first one to post my guess and I am only 1 grade off of CGC's grade. I can grade better than most off the people on here off of scans.

You are delusional to think that this book is a true 9.2. I'd be curious to hear what the pre-grades were. Like I said I am not jealous because I have a better copy, just telling you you should be thankful for such a generous grade.

You must be talking about Silver Surfer's 27_laughing.gif

What a bunch of friggin' cry-babies - even after your proven wrong, you still cry into mama's apron . . . take note fellow board members! acclaim.gif

that's sooo mature of you, David. insane.gif

9.2 shy.gif
Still doesn't look like a 9.2. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think so either. Two pretty significant stresss lines.

Hi pete, How many books have you actually submitted? Uh-huh, just what I thought. 27_laughing.gif

9.2 shy.gif
Still doesn't look like a 9.2. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think so either. Two pretty significant stresss lines.

Hi pete, How many books have you actually submitted? Uh-huh, just what I thought. 27_laughing.gif

About 25. Why do you ask?

You'll see that I edited my post, but you still don't get it, do you? Jealous? Who said anything about you being jealous? screwy.gif

You did. You mentioned "sour grapes" What do you think that means? I'll tell you since you probably aren't aware. You express sour grapes when you put down something you can’t get. In his case I already have a better copy.

You'll see that I edited my post, but you still don't get it, do you? Jealous? Who said anything about you being jealous? screwy.gif

You did. You mentioned "sour grapes" What do you think that means? I'll tell you since you probably aren't aware. You express sour grapes when you put down something you can’t get. In his case I already have a better copy.

Did you ever think to see who I was replying to? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif