• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm pulling off the gloves! Please grade this Avengers #57 1st App The Vision!

100 posts in this topic

Here it is raw:

AV57s.jpg

AV57bs.jpg

cloud9.gif

Better cover gloss than mine but oh those spine creases scream at you and that color breaking scratch on the Visions wrist. blush.gifpoke2.gif

wink.gifhi.gif

I still can't believe you got a 9.2 on that. There's a very light, color breaking crease through Vision's left wrist all the way down through Hawkeye's right bicep

Yeah, you can see that if you look real close. Was this book yours or did you have a chance to look at it live?

I still can't believe you got a 9.2 on that. There's a very light, color breaking crease through Vision's left wrist all the way down through Hawkeye's right bicep

Yeah, you can see that if you look real close. Was this book yours or did you have a chance to look at it live?

I had a chance to see it live before it was submitted. I would have missed the crease if I hadn't taken the book out of the bag and looked at it in a raking light.

I had a chance to see it live before it was submitted. I would have missed the crease if I hadn't taken the book out of the bag and looked at it in a raking light.

Nobody "missed" a crease. The "defect" you guys are talking about is so incredibly small, that it doesn't merit any more of a deduction than has already been made for the book's grade at 9.2. I suggest that many of you do nothing more than categorically deduct for infintismally small defects, instead of looking at a book on its whole. Grade a book, send it in to get slabbed, see how your grade compares with CGC's, live and learn. wink.gif

Oh, and btw, we SPIT on 9.2's 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Nobody "missed" a crease. The "defect" you guys are talking about is so incredibly small, that it doesn't merit any more of a deduction than has already been made for the book's grade at 9.2. I suggest that many of you do nothing more than categorically deduct for infintismally small defects, instead of looking at a book on its whole. Grade a book, send it in to get slabbed, see how your grade compares with CGC's, live and learn. wink.gif

It's a matter of opinion, but I don't think any book with a four+ inch color-breaking crease should be able to grade out at 9.2 (especially a book with spine stress). Obviously CGC disagrees. That doesn't mean that I don't know how to grade properly or need a lecture on categorical deductions for infinitesimally small defects (I presume by this you meant the four+ inch color breaking crease?), it just means that CGC disagreed on that particular book. poke2.gif

It's a matter of opinion, but I don't think any book with a four+ inch color-breaking crease should be able to grade out at 9.2 (especially a book with spine stress). Obviously CGC disagrees. That doesn't mean that I don't know how to grade properly or need a lecture on categorical deductions for infinitesimally small defects (I presume by this you meant the four+ inch color breaking crease?), it just means that CGC disagreed on that particular book. poke2.gif

893blahblah.gif

I wasn't speaking to you directly, fine sir, . . . even though BOTH CGC AND I disagreed with your assessment - That would make it 4 to 1 poke2.gif And that's not even counting if Newt drooled on it . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

If there is really a 4+ inch color-breaking crease on the book, then CGC obviously missed it.

There isn't, and they didn't. yeahok.gif That's what this poke2.gif means. sumo.gif

If there is really a 4+ inch color-breaking crease on the book, then CGC obviously missed it.

There isn't, and they didn't. yeahok.gif That's what this poke2.gif means. sumo.gif

What is that then? Is it a light bend? A surface scratch or printing defect? I have books that have similar looking defects. I'd like to know why it wasn't taken off for past the 9.2 grade.

I sent in a more modern book which looked fairly similar in terms of the stress lines along the spine. Condition of the book overall was pretty much exact, just not as old of a book.

It came back 9.0. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I sent in a more modern book which looked fairly similar in terms of the stress lines along the spine. Condition of the book overall was pretty much exact, just not as old of a book.

It came back 9.0. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since this book is now sold I can post my 9.2 to compare notes.

Avenger57.jpg