• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best consignment company options:

28 posts in this topic

I've had great success with both Mycomicshop and Highgrade Comics. Our Blazing Bob consistently gets top dollar for the books I've consigned with him.

+1 for working with Highgrade Comics. Bob has a large customer base that can realize some of the best prices for your key and high grade books, and he is always prompt with payments and easy to work with.

I may have to try him out in the near future. My results in the last two CL auctions have been less than stellar. I've sold two books on CL that were not auction and I got so many low ball offers and settled for an ok price that I felt like I was on the boards. lol

I'd recommend Comic Connect. I'd never go through Heritage unless they'd waive the high consignment fee in writing. They double dip meaning they charge the buyer a buyers premium and also keep money for the 25% consignment fee. They put out nice auction catalogs but they get the money to do this from the buyer's premium which could otherwise be lowered.

I like the Comic Connect auctions as they seem to get the best books.

Also they will advance large amounts of money before the auction. I once was in a bind and they wired me approx $20k in less than 48 hours. Name another comic book auction company that does that?

ComicLink

Comiclink's website is blocked from some of the largest cities in the eastern hemisphere including Shanghai and Hong Kong.

I'd recommend Comic Connect. I'd never go through Heritage unless they'd waive the high consignment fee in writing. They double dip meaning they charge the buyer a buyers premium and also keep money for the 25% consignment fee. They put out nice auction catalogs but they get the money to do this from the buyer's premium which could otherwise be lowered.

I like the Comic Connect auctions as they seem to get the best books.

Also they will advance large amounts of money before the auction. I once was in a bind and they wired me approx $20k in less than 48 hours. Name another comic book auction company that does that?

ComicLink

Comiclink's website is blocked from some of the largest cities in the eastern hemisphere including Shanghai and Hong Kong.

ComicLink will wire $20k and much more, for advances. You said name another comic book auction house that does that right? I was just answering your question.

While its not widely known, we accept consignments at 5%.

If anyone wishes to know more details, PM us.

If it's not widely known, what kind of exposure could you guarantee me?