• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pressing question corner crease

24 posts in this topic

Sorry to horn in on someone's thread, but it seems to be active enough, and I have a simple question - is there such a thing as spot-pressing? I have a comic with thick cover-stock and embossing with a small area onthe corner that is holding down the grade. Is it possible to just press that area? I would think that an embossed cover can't be pressed. Also, if such spot-pressing is possible, does it matter if it's an outside corner or spine corner?

-slym

Sorry to horn in on someone's thread, but it seems to be active enough, and I have a simple question - is there such a thing as spot-pressing? I have a comic with thick cover-stock and embossing with a small area onthe corner that is holding down the grade. Is it possible to just press that area? I would think that an embossed cover can't be pressed. Also, if such spot-pressing is possible, does it matter if it's an outside corner or spine corner?

-slym

:gossip: embossed covers can be pressed.

I'm guessing by the crickets that the back stain cannot be "fixed".

Next question: If I were to get this comic cleaned, would it make the stain stand out even more?

Don't know, but if it's cleaned it would get a purple label.

Not necessarily.

I don't think cleaning with Absorene would get a purple label, but I don't think that would get out a stain from any kind of liquid. (I don't think anything would, to be honest with you.)