• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help settle a bet - 3 books with a poll...

JLA 33  

174 members have voted

1. 1. JLA 33

26 posts in this topic

Based on the books we saw in the last grading contest my guess is we'd be surprised at how high CGC would grade the JLA, especially if it gets a pass on the back cover foxing. But yeah, GD range does seem awfully low.

I guess sometimes I'm not sure whether this forum is a "what grade would you give this book" forum, or a "guess the grade CGC would give this book" forum. Sometimes those are two very different things.

Yeah I go back and forth. Sometimes a book is posted specifically asking what the guess is that CGC might give it, but most of the time I try to grade independent of that. Still, it's hard not to be influenced by whatever slabbed books one might have recently seen, both in hand and in scans. This is one of the factors that argues against there ever being an absolute grade for any comic, what side of FN a given midgrade book may fall in anyone's eyes is likely going to be different if they've been looking at mostly high grade or mostly low grade books previously.

Thanks, Oak :)

You are one of the best graders here,I wouldn't hesitate buying from you. (thumbs u

Thank you, Dave. The posts are enlightening and similar to my feelings. Actually in the last grading contest, below is my posted quote on the results. Not intended to brag but it is interesting and refreshing to see more folk's thoughts on CGC grading.

WINNER OF MOST IMPROVED PLAYER AWARD (MIP): telerites (107 to 14th place!)[/b]

Not sure if this is cause for celebration or not. I woefully undergraded the first round so after a rethink I started to (over)grade like CGC :ohnoez: and improved dramatically. I guess I'm just a lot more conservative.

Congrats to CANICKUS :applause:

And another tip of the cap to Shin and Andy. This was my first time to participate after all these years on the boards and it was a lot of fun. (worship)

Thanks for keeping Nik in our thoughts as well.

I just want to know who graded these at 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5 and when are they having a board sale?

..... those are the guys who never sell lol ..... dirt on JLA brought it down for me, but the 2 Dells look 7.0 or so....one maybe 7.5..... IMHO. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u