• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars VII Teaster Trailer on Black Friday

608 posts in this topic

One thing I am upset at Lucas with is his meddling of the Original Trilogy. Please Disney give us the original theatrical versions back!

Inside sources have said that Disney is working on that very thing. Here's hoping it works out. If Disney could pull it off I would buy the original EP IV & VI as I actually feel the SE of EP V is superior to the original. I think it helps that the differences in EP V are subtle and not overt like the other two.

One thing I am upset at Lucas with is his meddling of the Original Trilogy. Please Disney give us the original theatrical versions back!

Inside sources have said that Disney is working on that very thing. Here's hoping it works out. If Disney could pull it off I would buy the original EP IV & VI as I actually feel the SE of EP V is superior to the original. I think it helps that the differences in EP V are subtle and not overt like the other two.

True, it is much more subtle in Empire than the other two.

I'd like to see both on a BluRay set. I'd instantly buy 'em.

yup

You have so been written out of my will.

:hi: If the AF15 is still available

Which one? I think he's got 4 or 5.

No, that is not true. Although, I may run an ASM undercopy sale and if you buy everything, I would add a Purple Label AF15 as the 4th.

I'd like to see them release it the same way as Blade Runner box set, all different versions for viewing. Theatrical release, Directors Cut, Final Cut etc.

I prefer the changes made to New Hope, i.e. Falcon leaving the spaceport, the final battle enhancements but Greedo shooting first needs to be removed. :facepalm:

I'd like to see them release it the same way as Blade Runner box set, all different versions for viewing. Theatrical release, Directors Cut, Final Cut etc.

I prefer the changes made to New Hope, i.e. Falcon leaving the spaceport, the final battle enhancements but Greedo shooting first needs to be removed. :facepalm:

I believe the Greedo shooting first was to make the Han Solo character more kid friendly. That was a mistake.

However, the amped up special effects in Episodes IV, V and VI I easily embrace.

For instance... inserting Ian Macdonald into ESB instead of the the monkey eyed hologram was an improvement and made sense considering that by ESB they still had not cast Ian McDarmid for the part.

emperor.jpg

A lot of other special effects shots were also welcomed once they redid them. For example in the original cut of the film the Death Star explodes like someone set off a firework in a pinata whereas in the newer versions it explodes as I imagine like a moon base planet containing all of the energy reactor thingys inside probably should.

Ewok eye thing in ROTJ was creepy, but the Sarlac monster was greatly improved.

I must admit that I am also liked the inclusion of Jabba the Hutt into Star Wars. The original scene with the humanoid was part of the shooting -script, it was in the novel, radio and comic adaptation. They simply did not have the means to produce the effect they wanted in the 70's. Having Boba Fett walk in front of the camera and break the 4th wall by looking right at the audience was kind of hammy though.

I believe the Greedo shooting first was to make the Han Solo character more kid friendly. That was a mistake.

However, the amped up special effects in Episodes IV, V and VI I easily embrace.

For instance... inserting Ian Macdonald into ESB instead of the the monkey eyed hologram was an improvement and made sense considering that by ESB they still had not cast Ian McDarmid for the part.

emperor.jpg

A lot of other special effects shots were also welcomed once they redid them. For example in the original cut of the film the Death Star explodes like someone set off a firework in a pinata whereas in the newer versions it explodes as I imagine like a moon base planet containing all of the energy reactor thingys inside probably should.

Ewok eye thing in ROTJ was creepy, but the Sarlac monster was greatly improved.

I must admit that I am also liked the inclusion of Jabba the Hutt into Star Wars. The original scene with the humanoid was part of the shooting -script, it was in the novel, radio and comic adaptation. They simply did not have the means to produce the effect they wanted in the 70's. Having Boba Fett walk in front of the camera and break the 4th wall by looking right at the audience was kind of hammy though.

Most of the updated effects I enjoyed. Yeah, the part with Fett looking at the camera was silly. It likey won't happen, but I'd love to see a Fett movie. Anyone read The Bounty Hunter Wars?