• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick box within a box mailing question

29 posts in this topic

So...I've looked online at usps, ebay and paypal and don't see any reference to shipping prices for 1095's.

I see that usps offers them for sale (it's free) but the three services only list medium flat rate (of the boxes) as a shipping option. Yes, you can choose media mail and other ways to ship priority but no specific button or selection for 1095's.

Short of going to post office and standing in line, how would I be able to ship 1095's if that option isn't listed in shipping options?

So...I've looked online at usps, ebay and paypal and don't see any reference to shipping prices for 1095's.

I see that usps offers them for sale (it's free) but the three services only list medium flat rate (of the boxes) as a shipping option. Yes, you can choose media mail and other ways to ship priority but no specific button or selection for 1095's.

Short of going to post office and standing in line, how would I be able to ship 1095's if that option isn't listed in shipping options?

You will need to select Priority Envelope/Package. It's just a USPS branded way of using your own box. There is no set price, like there is with regional and flat rate options. The price depends on weight and location.

You will need to select Priority Envelope/Package. It's just a USPS branded way of using your own box. There is no set price, like there is with regional and flat rate options. The price depends on weight and location.

Great, thank you.

I use the 1092/1095 combo for 1-3 slabs as it's (usually) cheaper than a MedFR. After 3 slabs though, the MFR box is the way to go.

Just use the 1095 as a mfr box

That doesn't make sense - if it weighs under a certain amount, then MFR is more expensive, and if it weighs more than a certain amount and the zone you are sending it to is far enough away, then the 1095 is more expensive. The boxes are roughly the same size, but the charges are completely different.

-slym

Ill try to explain it better, i cant explain things very well most times. What i mean is, there is the 1095 and the mfr box. You said that after 3 slabs, the mfr box is the way to go. What i do is, after 3 slabs, i use a 1095 and print a postage label for a mfr box, put the label on the box and ship it. I thought you were referring to the smaller mfr box for more than 3 slabs. Figured i would tell you to use the larger 1095 box and ship it mfr.

Ah, gotcha - I don't know if my PO would allow that though, as they scan the box's barcodes. If I put a MFR label on it and it was a 1095 box, I think they'd charge the recipient for the difference in price, if any. I just can't take that chance.

Good thing is, I have plenty of 1092s, 1095s, & MFR boxes.

(thumbs u

-slym

Ill try to explain it better, i cant explain things very well most times. What i mean is, there is the 1095 and the mfr box. You said that after 3 slabs, the mfr box is the way to go. What i do is, after 3 slabs, i use a 1095 and print a postage label for a mfr box, put the label on the box and ship it. I thought you were referring to the smaller mfr box for more than 3 slabs. Figured i would tell you to use the larger 1095 box and ship it mfr.

Yeah, I think you've just been getting lucky if this has been sliding through the system...anything not mailed in a specifically designated MFR box is supposed to be paid by weight.

Yeah, I think you've just been getting lucky if this has been sliding through the system...anything not mailed in a specifically designated MFR box is supposed to be paid by weight.

My post office clerk told me to do this. Been doing it for years. Ill ask him about it again.