• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

can someone explain to me why people pay so much for these store exclusive variants off of ebay??? You can go to Newbury Comics website and order that Pascal variant for 9.00, but 3 people have paid 22 on ebay... same with the JSC midtown variant... people are paying 25 when they could get it for 15....

A number of reasons.

1. Book Quality - a vendor will pick, pack and mail without worrying about condition. When I sell, I only buy NM copies before flipping them. I make sure there are no creases, no dented corners, no residual ink stains from the printing process, etc. A vendor will sell you a comic without mentioning condition. Mycomicshop.com and Milehighcomics.com are two vendors that I've bought from that list condition and are, for the most part, on the money.

2. Location - a New Yorker has a better chance of getting a Midtown Exclusive Variant Comic at the store on Wednesday than someone who orders online only to see the book sell out. Same can be said if someone from Denver buys an exclusive variant from Mile High that a New Yorker wants. Where you live plays a part in sales. Made a killing with the J Scott Campbell Amazing Spiderman #700 / Superior Spiderman #1 sets I was able to sell, especially the ones I got signed by Campbell, Stan Lee & Humberto Ramos

3. Signed Issues - Midtown sells signed comics but for some idiotic reason, when STAR WARS #1 was released and invited then creators to sign copies for fans, they decided to NOT have Jason Aaron & John Cassady sign the same STAR WARS issues. Jason signed a batch & John signed a batch. Anyone who went to the signing was able to get a max of 2 books signed per creator. I got the regular and Skottie Young variant signed by both. People who didn't go to the signing thinking they could later buy signed books by both creators got screwed.

can someone explain to me why people pay so much for these store exclusive variants off of ebay??? You can go to Newbury Comics website and order that Pascal variant for 9.00, but 3 people have paid 22 on ebay... same with the JSC midtown variant... people are paying 25 when they could get it for 15....

Thanks. I never ordered from Newbury and didn't know they were selling it.

3. Signed Issues - Midtown sells signed comics but for some idiotic reason, when STAR WARS #1 was released and invited then creators to sign copies for fans, they decided to NOT have Jason Aaron & John Cassady sign the same STAR WARS issues. Jason signed a batch & John signed a batch. Anyone who went to the signing was able to get a max of 2 books signed per creator. I got the regular and Skottie Young variant signed by both. People who didn't go to the signing thinking they could later buy signed books by both creators got screwed.

I was there and I got Jason & John to sign 2 different books.. But you couldve easily gotten 4 signed by each (not both).. your choice.. I think its very generous being that they didnt restrict you to buy any at the store to get signed.. But waiting outside for 2 hours was not fun..

You going for the Gwen signing?

Looks like another signing scheduled for Feb 28th at Heroes aren't Hard to Find with the creative team (Writer-Jason Latour, Artist- Robbi Rodriguez, Colorist- Rico Renzi).

Their variant is selling like hot cakes as well on the bay.

Linky

Edited by highradart

I was there and I got Jason & John to sign 2 different books.. But you couldve easily gotten 4 signed by each (not both).. your choice.. I think its very generous being that they didnt restrict you to buy any at the store to get signed.. But waiting outside for 2 hours was not fun..

Most likely. My friend is bringing two peeps with him to get books signed so they can flip them all either on Ebay or Instagram.

Most likely. My friend is bringing two peeps with him to get books signed so they can flip them all either on Ebay or Instagram.

lol now now

Looks like another signing scheduled for Feb 28th at Heroes aren't Hard to Find with the creative team (Writer-Jason Latour, Artist- Robbi Rodriguez, Colorist- Rico Renzi).

Linky

Yes but NY has better pizza

giphy.gif

Wanted to share the commission I had done by Robbi Rodriguez. One of his last ones.Spider-Gwen-Robbi-Rodriguez.jpg

These variants are going crazy. I grabbed one of each so far. Thanks for the tip on the newbury comics variant.

If you guys could do me a favor and vote on my poll over at Larry's Google+ page I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z13fjl0wgkrcy1odu22pihbairn2j1a3p?cbp=jfd76h4unmit&sview=58&cid=5&soc-app=115&soc-platform=1&spath=%2Fapp%2Fbasic%2Fcommunities%2F117119445209417380274&sparm=cbp%3D1fug9l1x0ojd4%26sview%3D59%26cid%3D5%26soc-app%3D115%26soc-platform%3D1%26spath%3D%2Fapp%2Fbasic%2Fcommunities%26sparm%3Dcbp%253D1593hd53vnnf9%2526sview%253D2%2526cid%253D5%2526soc-app%253D115%2526soc-platform%253D1

Linky

Yes but NY has better pizza

giphy.gif

Pizza The Hut!!!!

lol

Wanted to share the commission I had done by Robbi Rodriguez. One of his last ones.Spider-Gwen-Robbi-Rodriguez.jpg

These variants are going crazy. I grabbed one of each so far. Thanks for the tip on the newbury comics variant.

If you guys could do me a favor and vote on my poll over at Larry's Google+ page I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z13fjl0wgkrcy1odu22pihbairn2j1a3p?cbp=jfd76h4unmit&sview=58&cid=5&soc-app=115&soc-platform=1&spath=%2Fapp%2Fbasic%2Fcommunities%2F117119445209417380274&sparm=cbp%3D1fug9l1x0ojd4%26sview%3D59%26cid%3D5%26soc-app%3D115%26soc-platform%3D1%26spath%3D%2Fapp%2Fbasic%2Fcommunities%26sparm%3Dcbp%253D1593hd53vnnf9%2526sview%253D2%2526cid%253D5%2526soc-app%253D115%2526soc-platform%253D1

Yep, like someone else said he's going to be a rock star because of this book and hopefully it doesn't equate to how much he wants for a signature. You probably got a great deal on this and congrats. BTW, I voted.

Edited by highradart

Thanks for the votes. I don't think that Robbi will start going crazy in terms of charging for sigs. He seems like a very humble and down to earth dude on Twitter. The commission was requested way before Spider Gwen was green lit for her own series so I definitely got a great deal. This ones staying with me permanently.