• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Men In Black IV + Jump Street = SONY MADNESS

26 posts in this topic

'Muppets' Director in Early Talks for '23 Jump Street-Men In Black' Crossover Movie

Sony is pursuing its idea of a Men in Black-Jump Street crossover and is in exploratory talks with The Muppets director James Bobin to direct a potential movie, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill would reprise their roles of undercover detectives from the Jump Street franchise although Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are not expected to return for MiB. Those roles would go to a new and younger set of actors.

Rodney Rothman wrote the -script.

Since the comic book rights fall under Marvel, I wonder if it has any involvement though this is a competing studio.

I guess this really is moving forward.

The Men In Black - 21 Jump Street Crossover MIB 23 Gets a Logo

mib-23-178734.jpg

Little information has been made available yet, although it's assumed that Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum will return to reprise their roles from 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street. Whether the Men in Black will be recast or whether they'll bring back actors from previous films is, at this point, anybody's guess. At least one report has said that Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are definitely not coming back, although whether they'll be replaced altogether or whether Sony will make a run at Josh Brolin to reprise his role as a younger Jones isn't known.

James Bobin is expected to direct the crossover, which will enter production in June. Bobin worked as a director and producer on HBO’s Flight of the Conchords, and directed the feature film version of The Muppets.

Jonah Hill Doubts Jump Street And Men In Black Crossover Will Happen

The actor spoke to the Toronto Sun and quashed some hopes and dreams right up front.

“I had the idea,” Hill tells Postmedia Network. “But I doubt that movie will get made.”

“It’s too complicated,” Hill concedes. “They’re trying to make all the deals, but it’s kind of impossible with all the Men in Black stuff. The Jump Street films were so fun to make and the whole joke of them was they were making fun of remakes and sequels and reboots and then now it’s become a giant sequel, reboot. It’s almost become what we were making fun of and it’s hard to maintain that joke when it’s so high stakes.”

Jonah Hill Doubts Jump Street And Men In Black Crossover Will Happen

The actor spoke to the Toronto Sun and quashed some hopes and dreams right up front.

“I had the idea,” Hill tells Postmedia Network. “But I doubt that movie will get made.”

“It’s too complicated,” Hill concedes. “They’re trying to make all the deals, but it’s kind of impossible with all the Men in Black stuff. The Jump Street films were so fun to make and the whole joke of them was they were making fun of remakes and sequels and reboots and then now it’s become a giant sequel, reboot. It’s almost become what we were making fun of and it’s hard to maintain that joke when it’s so high stakes.”

Without Will Smith and to a lesser extent Tommy Lee Jones, it shouldn't. If you're not bringing back all the original actors, this would be stupid idea.